that pub in lurgan?

Started by lawnseed, January 27, 2014, 11:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Passing through the town theres a pub/club near the police station big crowd queueing outside it. Whats the story whats so good about it? Most pubs are on their knees. Whats this place doing right?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Apparently so

At 11 o'clock in the morning? She must be some operation hi

orangeman

lawnseed

Quote from: Apparently so on January 27, 2014, 11:12:31 AM
Sorry I meant at night over the weekend oops :)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lawnseed on January 27, 2014, 12:50:33 PM
Lurgan is supposed to have a lively Monday club scene so I wouldn't have been surprised if it was today!

illdecide

Quote from: lawnseed on January 27, 2014, 11:08:22 AM
Passing through the town theres a pub/club near the police station big crowd queueing outside it. Whats the story whats so good about it? Most pubs are on their knees. Whats this place doing right?

There are a few in town that would be quite busy with queues likely...The Cellar Bar, Batcave and Beehive are the three most popular in the town with good crowds...Was that a Sat or Sun nite?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ardal

The Beehive?

Is that the one down beside the school and SVP?
Thought it was an old mans pub.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ardal on January 27, 2014, 02:45:36 PM
The Beehive?

There's the Beehive on the Falls road at the top or Broadway!! Didn't realise there was another in Lurgan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Quote from: ardal on January 27, 2014, 02:45:36 PM
The Beehive?

Used to be until it was renevated and then turned into a disco bar with all the middle aged women and men looking a bit of riding...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 27, 2014, 01:25:11 PM
Lurgan is supposed to have a lively Monday club scene so I wouldn't have been surprised if it was today!
Was it the Ceili House that used to have bands on a Monday afternoon? That's taking the Monday club to a new level!

GAA_Talk

Quote from: bennydorano on January 27, 2014, 05:41:28 PM
Was it the Ceili House that used to have bands on a Monday afternoon? That's taking the Monday club to a new level!

Worked in a bar for years and all you hear these days from the aul punters is how the pub trades gone to sh*te and how no one goes out like they used to. I really enjoy listening to them talk about what it was like years ago and the stories they tell you about how EVERYONE went out and how the local was the place to be. I also used to think they exaggerated just how popular the 'Monday club' was but you hear it from that many people it sounds like it was some craic. Would love to see the bar trade pick up again. It's sad to see all these blacked out buildings driving through every single town in the country.

ardtole

Nellies in Ardglass used to have a very healthy monday club membership. I remember someone in the samaratians had a poster up in the bar, with the slogan Anxious,Depressed, Suicidal, and at the bottom of poster it had  CALL THE SAMARATIANS.

Someone had scribbled that bit out and added JOIN THE MONDAY CLUB.

lawnseed

Quote from: illdecide on January 27, 2014, 02:08:50 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 27, 2014, 11:08:22 AM

There are a few in town that would be quite busy with queues likely...The Cellar Bar, Batcave and Beehive are the three most popular in the town with good crowds...Was that a Sat or Sun nite?
Saturday night. On left passed cops heading up the town some fine birds queueing up cones on pavement

JUst retired

The Cellar Bar is the place you speak off.

5 Sams

Quote from: bennydorano on January 27, 2014, 05:41:28 PM

I heard that one to!! Have Lurgan Celtic got a club? A few lads I knew used to talk about drinking with the Lurgan Celtic lads on a Monday after a big Celtic win on the Sunday.
The Aristocrat Years