Ghost ship piloted by cannibal rats headed for Ireland

Started by Syferus, January 24, 2014, 11:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Or ireland.
A hopeless vessel afloat in the atlantic coming down with rats..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

armaghniac

You'd imagine, in this day and age, that someone would have put a tracking device of some sort on this ship!!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

Quote from: armaghniac on January 27, 2014, 11:58:22 AM
You'd imagine, in this day and age, that someone would have put a tracking device of some sort on this ship!!

That farmer that lost the tractor would soon find her
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

under the bar

If she ran ashore in Mayo the rats will probably opt to remain on board! :)

muppet

By law they are required to carry an ELT but.................

http://www.kiwiflyer.co.nz/KiwiFlyer-Issue-11-Guest-Comment-ELT.pdf

Given the often violent nature of aircraft accidents it's not surprising that in New Zealand the records show that ELTs fail in 86 per cent of incidents involving injury or death. In the 82 such accidents between 1999 and 2008, 73 aircraft were carrying ELTs – but only 10 sent a signal. This is not just a local issue; US accident data puts the failure rate at about 75 per cent.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: under the bar on January 27, 2014, 01:31:26 PM
If she ran ashore in Mayo the rats will probably opt to remain on board! :)

Well the locals have a habit of making a harsh welcome as Norse/Viking raiders, the Tudor Navy, Barbary Pirates and Spanish Armada all learnt to their cost when they messed around the coast of what is now Mayo.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on January 27, 2014, 01:43:11 PM

Given the often violent nature of aircraft accidents it's not surprising that in New Zealand the records show that ELTs fail in 86 per cent of incidents involving injury or death. In the 82 such accidents between 1999 and 2008, 73 aircraft were carrying ELTs – but only 10 sent a signal. This is not just a local issue; US accident data puts the failure rate at about 75 per cent.

I'm not sure that is relevant.  A small plane crashing might be wrecked. This is a large ship, still afloat, and the size and weight of a tracking device is not an issue, a giant indestructible yoke with big batteries could easily be used.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on January 27, 2014, 02:32:06 PM

I'm not sure that is relevant.  A small plane crashing might be wrecked. This is a large ship, still afloat, and the size and weight of a tracking device is not an issue, a giant indestructible yoke with big batteries could easily be used.

All aircraft and small boats must carry ELTs. I am fairly certain the big ships would have to as well. Probably one per lifeboat.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on January 27, 2014, 06:12:22 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 27, 2014, 02:32:06 PM

All aircraft and small boats must carry ELTs. I am fairly certain the big ships would have to as well. Probably one per lifeboat.

Yip. The two beacons they got from her last year were likely from life boats detaching from the liner.

Orior

Quote from: lawnseed on January 27, 2014, 10:19:13 AM
My plane could crash..  They'd find me with my arms wrapped round the black box

And I bet she wouldn't be happy about that but hey, nothing wrong with one last fling. By the way, you'd be better wrapping your arms around the orange box.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Eamonnca1

Quote from: muppet on January 27, 2014, 08:59:11 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 27, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
Panics off. Shes heading for scotland. No need to worry about housing or getting the rats benefits etc.. Scots coastguard are on high alert for the ghost ship according to the scotish news.
How do they not know where this boat is? I wouldnt like to fall overboard not much chance of being found when they cant find a big ship

How often do you cross the Atlantic by ship Lawnseed?

On my life's list of things to do is an Atlantic crossing on the QM2.

under the bar

QuoteWell the locals have a habit of making a harsh welcome as Norse/Viking raiders, the Tudor Navy, Barbary Pirates and Spanish Armada all learnt to their cost when they messed around the coast of what is now Mayo.

Judging by the brown eyes and swarthy skin of a high percentage of you westerners it seems the Mayo and Galway ladies gave the Armada sailors a very warm welcome indeed! 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: under the bar on January 27, 2014, 09:58:19 PM
QuoteWell the locals have a habit of making a harsh welcome as Norse/Viking raiders, the Tudor Navy, Barbary Pirates and Spanish Armada all learnt to their cost when they messed around the coast of what is now Mayo.

Judging by the brown eyes and swarthy skin of a high percentage of you westerners it seems the Mayo and Galway ladies gave the Armada sailors a very warm welcome indeed!

Galway may have but Armada ships that landed in Mayo had their crews murdered on the beachs.

Our Iberian characteristics are more likely a result of Ireland's oldest settlers.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 27, 2014, 10:06:37 PM
Quote from: under the bar on January 27, 2014, 09:58:19 PM

Galway may have but Armada ships that landed in Mayo had their crews murdered on the beachs.

Our Iberian characteristics are more likely a result of Ireland's oldest settlers.

Not all of them.

http://www.mayo-ireland.ie/Mayo/Towns/Geesala/spanish-armada.htm
MWWSI 2017