NFL Division 3 2014

Started by ross4life, January 20, 2014, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 31, 2014, 11:15:06 AM
Big sigh of relief after the final whistle yesterday. Disappointed that I couldn't make it to Markievicz myself but happy with what I've heard about it. Survival was always the goal for the league. That has been achieved so now the focus turns to June and a home tie against either Galway or our conquerors of last year, London. Lots of work to be done but some better options at our disposal following this league. We till have some troublesome areas that we may not have the personnel to fix but I'm sure the manager will come up with something to mitigate these problems. I think we'll be decent in the summer.

Exactly the same thing for Fermanagh.
Game was over at half time and we took our foot of the gas.
Wexford were very slow to start and i would say a lot of that was due to their decision to travel up the morning of the game.

Quigleys have not be missed.  Seems to be a good unity in the panel now.  Owens was a real handful at full forward and Tomas Corrigan has really stepped up. 
McCluskey was missing as well yesterday and our best defender in the league, John Woods, had to come of injured.
All things considered, a good league campaign for Fermanagh considering the retirements at the start of the year and the Quigley side show.  Alot of young players have been blooded in the league and have played well. 
Hopefully Pete may spot a few more in the next while whenever the club leagues commence.  Still think the panel could could with a reinforcement or two.  McCabe would be a good addition whenever his soccer commitments are over. 

Focus now shifts to Antrim at the start of June. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 31, 2014, 11:15:06 AM
Big sigh of relief after the final whistle yeaterday. Disappointed that I couldn't make it to Markievicz myself but happy with what I've heard about it. Survival was always the goal for the league. That has been acheived so now the focus turns to June and a home tie against either Galway or our conquerers of last year, London. Lots of work to be done but some better options at our disposal following this league. We till have some troublesome areas that we may not have the personnel to fix but I'm sure the manager will come up with something to mitigate these problems. I think we'll be decent in the summer.
I actually think it's been a disappointing league from flanagans point of view, survival just about was my expectation but no way was it flanagans or his suitors, I honestly believe they thought promotion. All I've heard is how much work we have to do etc...it will probably be rolled out in June aswell, or this was never a 1yr plan,  his team selections are atrocious and don't reflect form at all, he's showed no signs of learning either. He's far too loyal to some players while others are ruthlessly discarded. So far for me I'm unimpressed with the management. I was relieved on Sunday though but with there injury list we had to win at home.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on March 31, 2014, 01:00:26 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 30, 2014, 09:48:26 PM
Minor, All Ireland Club, Sigerson are all fine and well but Senior Inter Co ( even D3)  is a step up and some lads just haven't got what it takes.
Didn't show it that dead rubber game however i think the majority of those lads have what it takes & a good management team will always get the best out of players. Others lads without those credentials will find it tougher to step up but then again thats the same with every county.
I think it's fair to say Evans' aim as well as promotion was to have a squad of 21/22 outfield players to fill the first 14 plus 6 substitutions to have us competitive for the Championship.
Based on what we've seen and barring injuries -
Collins, Carty, Seanie, Ward, N Daly, Stack, Cafferky,
Keenan, C Daly
Finneran, Higgins, C Shine, 
2 Smiths, 2 Murtaghs, Donie Shine, Senan, C Cregg, O'Gara.

After that we'd be struggling a bit but Compton, Keane , F Cregg plus any stepper uppers from U21 might keep a few lads on their toes.
Meanwhile if the Cavan game was a dead rubber the Sligo game will be a totally extinct one as they are now safe and we can't do worse than 2nd.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2014, 12:56:20 PM
I think it's fair to say Evans' aim as well as promotion was to have a squad of 21/22 outfield players to fill the first 14 plus 6 substitutions to have us competitive for the Championship.
Keenan, C Daly

After that we'd be struggling a bit but Compton, Keane , F Cregg plus any stepper uppers from U21 might keep a few lads on their toes.
Meanwhile if the Cavan game was a dead rubber the Sligo game will be a totally extinct one as they are now safe and we can't do worse than 2nd.

Those in bold came off our last four U-21 teams i think its fair to say Evans has a better panel to work with than other Ros managers had in the last decade. With so much potential in our panel i hope Evans,Sheerin,Burke are the right management team to get the best out of them.

Yes total dead rubber the only game in div 3 that isn't will be Wexford v Longford.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on March 31, 2014, 05:42:06 PM
Keenan, C Daly

Those in bold came off our last four U-21 teams i think its fair to say Evans has a better panel to work with than other Ros managers had in the last decade. With so much potential in our panel i hope Evans,Sheerin,Burke are the right management team to get the best out of them.

Yes total dead rubber the only game in div 3 that isn't will be Wexford v Longford.

Arrah sure we don't have much on the Sunday, the lads might as well turn up. Hopefully we'll be nursing a hangover after celebrating our first Connacht title of the year.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on March 31, 2014, 06:03:10 PM
Hopefully we'll be nursing a hangover after celebrating our first Connacht title of the year.
Who do you get to buy the drink for you?  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Who's brain fart was it to put the cavan limerick game on at 4pm on Saturday, if that wasnt bad enough we will have to avoid traffic heading to some rugby match. All club games moved in the county too. Thanks to the powers that be.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Itchy on April 01, 2014, 11:58:17 PM
Who's brain fart was it to put the cavan limerick game on at 4pm on Saturday, if that wasnt bad enough we will have to avoid traffic heading to some rugby match. All club games moved in the county too. Thanks to the powers that be.

Cavan and Limerick is on at 4pm in Limerick???? Holy Jaysus that will be a nightmare for the Gaelic Grounds. Thomond Park will only be clearing out at that stage, the Toulouse game is kicking off at 1.30.

cornafean

Request from Limerick county board, apparently.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

rodney trotter

Heineken Cup Quarter final - not some AIL Division 2 game, Thomand and Navan

Itchy

Hope you enjoyed the rugby Rodney. Here in the big game Cavan are 8 pts to 7 pts up at half time.

Itchy

Final score 18 to 14. Great achievement to win 7/7. Ref today was very much against us too.

rodney trotter

Yeah the Gaelic Grounds was full to capacity, Good to keep the momentum up

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 05, 2014, 05:56:44 PM
Yeah the Gaelic Grounds was full to capacity, Good to keep the momentum up

Didn't realise you were there Rodney, we could have met for a few scoops.

ross4life

Quote from: Itchy on April 05, 2014, 05:53:43 PM
Final score 18 to 14. Great achievement to win 7/7. Ref today was very much against us too.
Fine achievement regardless the division but if my memory serves me right Longford won 6 & drew 1 in 2012 only to lose all their games in div 2 the following year. Promotion was the priority for ourselves & Cavan the next step is to stay up & anything else will be a bonus.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open