NFL Division 3 2014

Started by ross4life, January 20, 2014, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

I don't know why ye are being so smart. Fermanagh were tanked by Donegal and Leitrim before Christmass in challenge games, beaten by UUJ before the Mckenna Cup and lost by 5 to Louth last week aswell as losing 3 Mckenna Cup games. Cavan are not football messiahs but we should have enough for Fermanagh.

TomFun

Thanks for the run down on the previous results. Maybe we shouldn't turn up then?

Look, only a fool would put money on Fermanagh to beat Cavan at this stage but try and remember a ball hasn't been kicked seriously this year yet.

rodney trotter

I think ye should turn up, throwing in the towel before the league has started wouldn't be a great sign

Rossfan

There are 6 other team in this Division  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FermGael

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 27, 2014, 10:25:03 PM
Quote from: FermGael on January 27, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
Wonder are Paddy Power giving odds on when Forde gets sent to the stand again?
Cavan are jusy as cynical as most other teams.
Have you forgotten the punches thrown at Sean Quigley in the qualifier's?

He was only sent to the stands once and it was against ye. Anyway, there was hardly a punch landed in that pile of handbags from either team last year. Hopefully Pete McGrath, being a good football man, will have ye concentrating on playing football like Cavan do instead of trying to foul your way to victory.  ;)

Cavan were just as cynical as Fermanagh were last year.
They have a very good system based around Dunne and Keating.
Flood the defence, break at pace and Dunne and Keating provide the finishing touches.

Very young, inexperienced Fermanagh team will be playing on Saturday night.
I would not be surprised if we have 6 or 7 players making their national league debuts.
Pete has a huge rebuilding job on his hands and if we stay in division 3 then it will have been a good campaign.

By the way its Cavan gaels I feel sorry for.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Itchy

Quote from: TomFun on January 28, 2014, 09:51:51 AM
Really looking forward to a football lesson from Cavan this weekend, I hope we learn from their pure expression of and artistic bent on the game of gaelic football. Who knows, if we are attentive enough we will get an insight into what it is to be a stylish winning team on the up and may somehow mend our terrible, evil ways.

After this wonderful opportunity to share a pitch with these football messiahs we can then begin our league campaign with the hope of a point here and there against lesser teams.

Agreed. Hope you enjoy the experience.

Itchy

Quote from: FermGael on January 28, 2014, 12:50:32 PM

He was only sent to the stands once and it was against ye. Anyway, there was hardly a punch landed in that pile of handbags from either team last year. Hopefully Pete McGrath, being a good football man, will have ye concentrating on playing football like Cavan do instead of trying to foul your way to victory.  ;)

Flood the defence, break at pace and Dunne and Keating provide the finishing touches.

I would not be surprised if we have 6 or 7 players making their national league debuts.
Pete has a huge rebuilding job on his hands and if we stay in division 3 then it will have been a good campaign.

I think Cavan Gaels will probably get what they deserve!

Westside

Quote from: FermGael on January 28, 2014, 12:50:32 PM

Just as cynical as Fermanagh? I don't recall a Cavan player attempting to kick an opponent in the head. I don't recall a Cavan player going out to target a key opponent (Mackey taken out by Quigley in the league and first Championship game) I don't recall Terry naming a dummy side, sending them out to march in the parade and then make the switches in an attempt to confuse the opposition.

This game will be difficult but if you can't beat this Fermanagh side at home, you don't deserve to be promoted. Be interesting to see if Killian Brady & Hayes retain their places or will Killian Clarke come in.

mylestheslasher

The Div 3 thread showing great promise already.

panc56

I can't understand all of this bravado from my Cavan friends. Favourites for the Division worth laying I'd say.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: panc56 on January 28, 2014, 08:32:32 PM
I can't understand all of this bravado from my Cavan friends. Favourites for the Division worth laying I'd say.

Example of the Bravado please???

magpie seanie

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 28, 2014, 08:23:23 PM

It has been a good one the last few years. The Meath crowd will be missed for the banter, especially with you Cavan bucks!.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2014, 09:37:47 PM

It has been a good one the last few years. The Meath crowd will be missed for the banter, especially with you Cavan bucks!.

I know, and the Mushroom men gone too it might be quieter but then you couldn't accuse them Ros boys of being quiet.

magpie seanie

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 28, 2014, 09:45:06 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2014, 09:37:47 PM

I know, and the Mushroom men gone too it might be quieter but then you couldn't accuse them Ros boys of being quiet.

And with the Rossies in mind it's a pity the umbrella purchasers are gone too!!!!

FermGael

Seamie Quigley out through injury and Sean has to serve a one match ban from the straight red he go in last years qualifier game.
Both have been our main scorers in the McKenna cup.  Mission impossible now.

QuoteI don't recall a Cavan player going out to target a key opponent

Westside, Sean Quigley and others were targeted numerous times in the first half of that qualifier game against Cavan. 

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered