Predict the 2014 NFL Division 1 winners

Started by BennyCake, January 16, 2014, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2014 NFL Division 1 title?

Cork
4 (6.3%)
Derry
3 (4.7%)
Dublin
12 (18.8%)
Kerry
1 (1.6%)
Kildare
5 (7.8%)
Mayo
13 (20.3%)
Tyrone
24 (37.5%)
Westmeath
2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: February 01, 2014, 07:34:10 PM

BennyCake

heffo

Mayo and Kildare are going to be very strong this year

larryin89

I'd see Mayo nearer relegation than winning it. Dublin or Tyrone for me .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Captain Obvious

Can be only one winner, I think Tyrone will go one better than last year.

macdanger2

BartSimpson

guwan the parish

Captain Obvious

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 16, 2014, 08:21:56 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 16, 2014, 08:18:14 PM
Can be only one winner

That's generally the idea with these type of things  ;D

The original poster will have to drop the s in the title of this thread.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 16, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 16, 2014, 08:21:56 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 16, 2014, 08:18:14 PM
Can be only one winner

That's generally the idea with these type of things  ;D

The original poster will have to drop the s in the title of this thread.

So... Dublin were the 2013 All-Ireland winner?   :o

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on January 16, 2014, 08:03:24 PM
You talked up the strength of the Mayo panel on another thread and now think they are only good enough for relegation battle?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Don t think anybody will be going eyeballs out to win it. But if a few tight results in games go a teams way they could find themselves in a final. Lose a couple of tight ones and you re in relegation trouble. Not really a proper league anyway. What is it? 6 or 7 games.

If Mayo win their home games I ll be happy enough. I hope we will be looking at a few new players.

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 16, 2014, 11:01:12 PM
You talked up the strength of the Mayo panel on another thread and now think they are only good enough for relegation battle?

I did and I stand by it.

If we take a look at the league fixtures for Mayo. First two games are  away to Kildare and Tyrone , two difficult fixtures in any language but to add weight to the difficulty both these sides are arguably the pick of the pre season teams . Mayo imo would be a bit behind from what I've seen so far. Two defeats and you're on the backfoot straight away add in another probable loss in Dublin and we could find ourselves in trouble .

It's more of a timing thing I'm thinking will hinder Mayo  making a big impact on the league campaign.

Horan has hinted he would actually be looking to win it this year, who knows ,maybe we will just f**k everyone out of the way this year and win every game. :)
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on January 16, 2014, 11:52:46 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 16, 2014, 11:01:12 PM

I did and I stand by it.

If we take a look at the league fixtures for Mayo. First two games are  away to Kildare and Tyrone , two difficult fixtures in any language but to add weight to the difficulty both these sides are arguably the pick of the pre season teams . Mayo imo would be a bit behind from what I've seen so far. Two defeats and you're on the backfoot straight away add in another probable loss in Dublin and we could find ourselves in trouble .

It's more of a timing thing I'm thinking will hinder Mayo  making a big impact on the league campaign.

Horan has hinted he would actually be looking to win it this year, who knows ,maybe we will just f**k everyone out of the way this year and win every game. :)

He would, wouldn t he?

Pinch of salt. I m pretty sure Horan does not want a league title as his best achievemnet though.

There is only one show in town for Horan. Losing an AI semi in his first year was no bad start but he s been on the bridge for 2 final loses with considerable ??s.
Before people attack me over that, hear me out. James Horan knows the score. He s not back again to win a league. He knows a couple of winnable AIs have slipped and this probably his last chance at fulfillment. For himself I hope he gets there.
Losing 2 as a player and 2 as a manager must be a type of hell.
That would haunt anybody every day. No matter how distracted you are with other things that would be with you for ever. I hope for his own sake he gets the team over the line. Wont make up for the AI finals lost but it would be a bit of consolation - for all of us.