All-Ireland Club Semi Finals

Started by riptorn, January 14, 2014, 03:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rosnarun on March 19, 2014, 02:24:53 PM
Pretty Clear Feeney took the man out . its exactly the type of fouls it was introduced for .
The only fustration is when Similar tackles are let go

There were quite a few let go after the Feeney card which was more frustrating than Feeney actually getting one.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

This particular milk is now spilt.

However, I expect to see a lot of this in the coming summer.

The risk reward for the defender makes this a no brainer.

Run towards your opposite number and offload the pass late making a collision likely. If your opponent braces, as described by the ref that spoke to Bingo: "one of the signs he said for a deliberate block off the ball was the offending player tensing himself to give the hit ie he will naturally protect himself to give/take the hit". Thus if the other player tenses himself for the hit he might get a black card. Even though he doesn't move and you run into him.

The risk for the defender is, at most, a free against you that few refs would give, especially if you don't lead with the shoulder and take the hit on your own chest. But the reward is a black card against your opponent if you get it right.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

So, who's the only gay in the village St Vincent's team?

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 03:19:35 PM
This particular milk is now spilt.

However, I expect to see a lot of this in the coming summer.

The risk reward for the defender makes this a no brainer.

Run towards your opposite number and offload the pass late making a collision likely. If your opponent braces, as described by the ref that spoke to Bingo: "one of the signs he said for a deliberate block off the ball was the offending player tensing himself to give the hit ie he will naturally protect himself to give/take the hit". Thus if the other player tenses himself for the hit he might get a black card. Even though he doesn't move and you run into him.

The risk for the defender is, at most, a free against you that few refs would give, especially if you don't lead with the shoulder and take the hit on your own chest. But the reward is a black card against your opponent if you get it right.

Spot on, Muppet. I didn't know, but I'm not surprised that they gave that particular directive. Lads should have perfected their "finding someone to be blocked by" technique by Championship time.

Zulu

You shouldn't get a black card for that though and the referee at the course I attended supported that interpretation.

AZOffaly

Lads, I can't believe what I'm seeing here. The Vincent's lad played the ball and made a support run. Feeney deliberately took him out of the play. It's quite obvious he did it, and if he's tweeting to that effect then I can't even understand why this is for debate.

I tell you this, if THAT incident is deemed debatable then the whole black card is banjaxed.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2014, 03:46:00 PM
Lads, I can't believe what I'm seeing here. The Vincent's lad played the ball and made a support run. Feeney deliberately took him out of the play. It's quite obvious he did it, and if he's tweeting to that effect then I can't even understand why this is for debate.

I tell you this, if THAT incident is deemed debatable then the whole black card is banjaxed.

How can you be so certain of that ?.

orangeman

Quote from: seafoid on March 19, 2014, 02:22:24 PM
This has legs but I don't think it'll be as long as the Cork hurlers thread

I think we can hit 50 pages here at least.

LOL

imtommygunn

Only one person is debating whether it is a black card really though.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: BennyCake on March 19, 2014, 03:30:34 PM

A stab at the ignorant rugby oaf a couple of weeks back who let himself down in relation to homosexuals and sport that use alot of ball work

Farrandeelin

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2014, 03:55:46 PM

Only one person is debating whether it is a black card really though.

Reillers was on his own as well! It was a black card offence in my eyes. Tough on Feeney though all the same.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J OGorman

pray god theres no homo's playing gaelic fudball or we're all doomed!!  ::)

stats wise, there is prob a minimum 3 /4 gay men in each club. High time this was embraced

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J OGorman on March 19, 2014, 04:24:33 PM

stats wise, there is prob a minimum 3 /4 gay men in each club. High time this was embraced

Oh matron!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Feeney's tweet reflects the sort of guy he is.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: J OGorman on March 19, 2014, 04:24:33 PM

Is this a double entendre or do I have to give you one?