All-Ireland Club Semi Finals

Started by riptorn, January 14, 2014, 03:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on February 01, 2014, 11:47:16 PM
Incorrect.

On which? I was going on Wikipedia (not the greatest of sources but there really is a desperate need for a centralised records database) so I'm open to correction.

Edit: Whoops, it was at U21 Meath beat Kerry in the AI final, their only victory in that grade, not minor.

seafoid

A great win for Castlebar Mitchels against Dr Crokes. Up the West.

Milltown Row2

Fancies for the Finals?

Have the bookies got it right? Portumna are favorites and rightly so, beat a fancied Limerick (Na Piarsaigh) team and meeting a team that have upset the odds in beating all in Leinster and the previous All Ireland Champions. Can MLR keep it going?

St Vincents will fancy themselves also no doubt (the Dubs always do) but Castlebar have looked very impressive so far, I can see this going to a replay won't be much in it.

I'm going for Portumna (with the handicap) and a draw in the other game for an interest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jinxy

On a tight pitch I'd give MLR a chance.
Portumna will run the legs off them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnneycool

Quote from: Jinxy on March 12, 2014, 05:18:07 PM
On a tight pitch I'd give MLR a chance.
Portumna will run the legs off them.

The drier sod will suit Portumna, but I was very impressed with the two MLR corner forwards who have a bit of pace and know where the posts are. Getting the ball into them will be the stumbling block.

Portumna by 7 which isn't a stuffing in hurling.

Canalman

AI club finals imo are usually won by the most rounded teams with the better "unsung" players (if that makes any sense).

MLR have some fighting spirit and having been written off for the whole season I have a hunch they will win it. They have some seriously good club hurlers.

Castlebar having beaten the AI champions and hot favourites will win the football. If Connolly has one of those days though Vins will be in with a chance.

J OGorman

Quote from: Canalman on March 13, 2014, 10:52:42 AM
AI club finals imo are usually won by the most rounded teams with the better "unsung" players (if that makes any sense).

MLR have some fighting spirit and having been written off for the whole season I have a hunch they will win it. They have some seriously good club hurlers.

Castlebar having beaten the AI champions and hot favourites will win the football. If Connolly has one of those days though Vins will be in with a chance.

Castlebar beat Crokes without the Gooch for a big portion of the game. Thats a massive point. Vincents for me by a few

ballinaman

Quote from: J OGorman on March 13, 2014, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: Canalman on March 13, 2014, 10:52:42 AM

Castlebar beat Crokes without the Gooch for a big portion of the game. Thats a massive point. Vincents for me by a few

I saw Vincents in both County finals. Hung in by fingernails in the 1st half of the replay, if another long ball had been sent into Dean Rock it could have been over before half time. Fennell is a very useful club player in the middle and well,what can you say about Connolly....awesome at times.

I threw a few bob on Mitchels at 22/1 to win AI after seeing them dispose of my own club in the Mayo Championship. The strength in dept is unreal, 1-30 or very close to it has had county experience at some age grade.

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to Castlebar Mitchels later on. It should be a great game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Up Portumna, up Mitchells. Another Connacht double please.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on March 17, 2014, 01:43:35 PM
Up Portumna, up Mitchells. Another Connacht double please.
Connacht doubles are fabliss.

1988 was desperate. Athenry and Clann both hammered
Things got better afterwards

imtommygunn

Portuma are just too sharp i think. Mlr are quite physical and kelly penalising them too much. Possibly giving joe canning too much protection.still in it though.

johnneycool

keep us updated, feckin RTE player is blocked and so is access to proxy sites!!!!

Syferus

Quote from: johnneycool on March 17, 2014, 02:29:45 PM
keep us updated, feckin RTE player is blocked and so is access to proxy sites!!!!

Can you get Marty and co on the radio?

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/

imtommygunn

9-5 halftime to portuma.

Portuma getting their scores that bit easier so far.