Paisley

Started by armaghniac, January 10, 2014, 10:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

He was only ever interested in power.

It's easy saying certain things were wrong when you're 87 and haven't long to go.

Shamrock Shore

A hateful auld cnut.

Nothing more need be said as far as I am concerned. He can reinvent all he wants be he'll always be a HAC to me.

Cold tea

Just a pity he never got cancer and suffered for years before dying - who said there is such a thing as Karma.

orangeman

Quote from: Cold tea on January 10, 2014, 02:00:54 PM
Just a pity he never got cancer and suffered for years before dying - who said there is such a thing as Karma.

You wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy surely ?.

I take it you don't like Paisley.

Cold tea

Quote from: orangeman on January 10, 2014, 02:26:16 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on January 10, 2014, 02:00:54 PM

You wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy surely ?.

I take it you don't like Paisley.

The bastard caused many a death with his rhetoric.  I would wish he would rot in hell, but he'll just die.

AQMP

I suppose I should wait to judge the context of his reported comments on the Dublin Monaghan bombings but weren't similar comments called "nauseating" recently??

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 10, 2014, 11:47:47 AM
Mallie is from Silverbridge, or so he says. I'd say there'd be a few up there who would rather he was from Cullyhanna.

He's actually from Creggan, his family house is across the road from mine!

lawnseed

Ive been in the big mans company a couple of times hes very witty loves a good craic as does jnr.
No matter how you look at it hes the greatest politican this island has produced whether or not you share his view. He has the perfect blend of religion and politics perfect for his devoted following.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

5 Sams

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 10, 2014, 03:49:05 PM
Mallie is from Silverbridge, or so he says. I'd say there'd be a few up there who would rather he was from Cullyhanna.

...and yiz both have the same accent :P
The Aristocrat Years

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 10, 2014, 04:00:02 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 10, 2014, 03:49:05 PM

...and yiz both have the same accent :P

Says the man from Baaaayhollan!

He's 2 ends a **** by the way, Paisley not Mallie.

naka

Quote from: lawnseed on January 10, 2014, 03:59:49 PM
Ive been in the big mans company a couple of times hes very witty loves a good craic as does jnr.
No matter how you look at it hes the greatest politican this island has produced whether or not you share his view. He has the perfect blend of religion and politics perfect for his devoted following.
Daniel o Connell, Michael davit, Redmond, duke of wellington( a Dublin man who brought  catholic emancipation etc)
even his mate from trinity Carson
he is nowhere near the greatest politician this island produced,
he was not even a good one, don't let the last few years with sinn fein in power cloud a judgement

muppet

Paisley's rhetoric was nothing new. In fact it was centuries old rehashed religious bile. He wasn't particularly unique, he was simply a relic from another time. But when the troubles kicked off he was the right dinosaur in the right place at the right time, for some.
MWWSI 2017

red hander

Seems to be a lot of revisionism that he's this doddering old benign grandad who's great muckers with wee marty and spends his days with cherubic children sitting on his knees ... the oul bastard basically started the Troubles and is swimming in the blood of the innocents, for him to blame Dublin for the UVF (i.e British-directed) bombs of 1974 is pathetic, but not surprising

trileacman

Quote from: EC Unique on January 10, 2014, 01:12:48 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-25673999

Mr Nesbitt said: "When we criticise the re-writing of history, this is precisely the type of comments which we mean.

Good man, Nesbitt.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Wildweasel74

"greatest politican this island has produced "

Lawnseed son, stop smoking what ever you are on, this man hadnt a clue. an extreme shit stirrer who took in a vast majority of the unionist population through scare mongering tactics, and the fools fell for it. When he did come into power he had no idea what way to run a country and at the finish the DUP had to get him out with Martin McGuinness running rings round him and making him look a deluded fool.

I remember Paisley for 1 particular reason, the 3 youngs lads that were killed in the fire in Ballymoney, he shit stirred the days before hand telling people to come out and there be blood on the streets before this fire bombing on a house believed to be Catholics happened. the b**tard hide from the media for days as the media basically saw him the cause of what happened

I blame him for what happened and him alone on this tragic event.