prods in the 26

Started by lawnseed, December 21, 2013, 06:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: deiseach on December 23, 2013, 02:28:25 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 23, 2013, 02:18:24 PM
so your 'insight' to 'prods in the 26' is Christians singing carols together in Waterford a couple of days before thee "Christian's" birthday? yeah.. that graham Norton hasn't a notion what he's talking about there's no problem ding dong Merrily in waterford

I go to service every week with my wife and intend to raise my son in the Church of Ireland. I don't know why I'm bothering sharing that with you though because, like all good Shinners drones, when the facts change you ignore the facts.
Is it High Church or Low church? I like the theatre and prayerfulness of our mass, (which High Church Anglicans retain),but can't agree with the Catholic Church on a number of things, and would be closer to the COI/COE on these. What I can't stomach though is the links with the OO, praying for the Queen and flags and banners in and on churches. I do believe though that if I was living in the South I'd probably join the COI.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

deiseach

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 03, 2014, 10:04:53 AM
Is it High Church or Low church? I like the theatre and prayerfulness of our mass, (which High Church Anglicans retain),but can't agree with the Catholic Church on a number of things, and would be closer to the COI/COE on these. What I can't stomach though is the links with the OO, praying for the Queen and flags and banners in and on churches. I do believe though that if I was living in the South I'd probably join the COI.

I think everything in the Church of Ireland is considered Low Church. The Presbyterian influence in the North has pushed the Church of Ireland in that direction, in contrast to the Church of England where you had the Oxford Movement.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on December 23, 2013, 02:28:25 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 23, 2013, 02:18:24 PM
so your 'insight' to 'prods in the 26' is Christians singing carols together in Waterford a couple of days before thee "Christian's" birthday? yeah.. that graham Norton hasn't a notion what he's talking about there's no problem ding dong Merrily in waterford

I go to service every week with my wife and intend to raise my son in the Church of Ireland. I don't know why I'm bothering sharing that with you though because, like all good Shinners drones, when the facts change you ignore the facts.

About 10 years ago the local Castlebar RC parish raised money in their collections to help pay to restore the roof of Christchurch (the COI church in town).

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

In your opinion. and I respect that.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 03, 2014, 10:25:40 AM

I can't say the same. It is your prerogative to be wrong.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2014, 10:36:35 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 03, 2014, 10:24:24 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 03, 2014, 10:23:16 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 03, 2014, 10:19:51 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 03, 2014, 09:24:24 AM
Quote from: Apparently so on January 02, 2014, 04:13:11 PM
They should be banished

As should Atheists.

For being right!  :o

They're not.

O yes we are.
This from an eejit who thinks Co.Mayo+Ballaghaderreen is the "home of football" :'( :'(

If you believe there is any deity or supernatural, you sir are the eejit. I understand this may hurt your feelings, however that does not change the issue that all religion and faith in the supernatural are products of ignorance and manipulation.

It is understandable that a Rossie would feel comfortable as a sheep.

trueblue1234

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 03, 2014, 10:34:23 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 03, 2014, 10:25:40 AM

I can't say the same. It is your prerogative to be wrong.

Again in your opinion.

Applesisapples

Quote from: deiseach on January 03, 2014, 10:20:15 AM

I think everything in the Church of Ireland is considered Low Church. The Presbyterian influence in the North has pushed the Church of Ireland in that direction, in contrast to the Church of England where you had the Oxford Movement.
So your services are more like Presbyterian?

deiseach

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 03, 2014, 12:23:06 PM

They're not Presbyterian. They have communion services that are close to mass and even the worship services are closer to the Catholic church than any Calvinist church. The revised 2004 Prayer Book strikes me as being deliberately close to Catholic rites. But they are austere affairs. No smells and bells. One of the church wardens, who is English, told me that his wife, who is Irish, was shocked when she attended a Church of England service and found lots of what she viewed as Popish rituals.

Applesisapples

Quote from: deiseach on January 03, 2014, 12:28:37 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 03, 2014, 12:23:06 PM

They're not Presbyterian. They have communion services that are close to mass and even the worship services are closer to the Catholic church than any Calvinist church. The revised 2004 Prayer Book strikes me as being deliberately close to Catholic rites. But they are austere affairs. No smells and bells. One of the church wardens, who is English, told me that his wife, who is Irish, was shocked when she attended a Church of England service and found lots of what she viewed as Popish rituals.
Yeah I'd say I am still a closet pape then, although the use of incense at times pisses me off.

deiseach

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 03, 2014, 02:01:10 PM
Yeah I'd say I am still a closet pape then, although the use of incense at times pisses me off.

It's rare you'll hear talk of lapsed Protestants.