What to get the wife for christmas

Started by stalwart, December 18, 2013, 03:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonah

A hair straightener is probably the most unimaginative present a man can buy his wife or girlfriend!  ;D

CD

Quote from: Jonah on December 19, 2013, 07:38:03 PM
A hair straightener is probably the most unimaginative present a man can buy his wife or girlfriend!  ;D

Would a hair curler be really imaginative?  ???
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 07:17:41 PM
Don't know if it works for the north but the loreal website has a store locator that stocks their products
From there you should just phone them to see if they have this thing

I don't know much about them other than they were reviewed on tv3 one morning and raved about

Also as I was buying one, a hairdresser that does the wife's hair spotted me and told me these things were superb and the missus would love it.
Think this might be a good gift - but you never know with women!
I should watch more  daytime tv.
Any more tips Lynchbhoy?

laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 07:11:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2013, 06:39:18 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 05:57:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2013, 03:37:23 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 01:03:15 PM
the in gadget for women this Christmas is the loreal steam pod

its a steam version of the GHD yokey
better and less damaging for hair and can leave it in a few different ways - frizz free

I believe these are now hard to get
about 180 euros
180e...! You'd wanna be soft in the head to be buying such things.
Or maybe if I was an uneducated oik on shit salary with a shit wife then that might be an excuse not to buy a decent useful ( ok not inexpensive) gift

I'm none of those things thank you very much(either is my lovely wife)..
You obviously have a very high opinion of yourself (and your wife)  ;D
I didn't say you did, but It certainly looks like you are protesting a bit much

Anyhow, maybe keep your own nasty little uneducated opinions and jibes to yourself - especially if you can't take it yourself!
Ahhh I must really have hurt your feelings on your choice of gift for your lovely wife.
I guess it's not just soft in the head you are, you're just a soft man full stop!.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2013, 07:57:59 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 07:11:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2013, 06:39:18 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 05:57:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2013, 03:37:23 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 01:03:15 PM
the in gadget for women this Christmas is the loreal steam pod

its a steam version of the GHD yokey
better and less damaging for hair and can leave it in a few different ways - frizz free

I believe these are now hard to get
about 180 euros
180e...! You'd wanna be soft in the head to be buying such things.
Or maybe if I was an uneducated oik on shit salary with a shit wife then that might be an excuse not to buy a decent useful ( ok not inexpensive) gift

I'm none of those things thank you very much(either is my lovely wife)..
You obviously have a very high opinion of yourself (and your wife)  ;D
I didn't say you did, but It certainly looks like you are protesting a bit much

Anyhow, maybe keep your own nasty little uneducated opinions and jibes to yourself - especially if you can't take it yourself!
Ahhh I must really have hurt your feelings on your choice of gift for your lovely wife.
I guess it's not just soft in the head you are, you're just a soft man full stop!.
Great and intelligent riposte !!  ::)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on December 19, 2013, 07:53:08 PM
Don't know if it works for the north but the loreal website has a store locator that stocks their products

I don't know much about them other than they were reviewed on tv3 one morning and raved about

Also as I was buying one, a hairdresser that does the wife's hair spotted me and told me these things were superb and the missus would love it.
Any more tips Lynchbhoy?
Lol
It's on before I leave for work MS!
Also on their website iplayer

Actually I have another tip
That rubbish expose programme on tv3 in the evenings ( and website ) has top buys in various items in cosmetics and beauty world

If I see it I write down the top one or two in whatever category they are showcasing and I have a list of stuff to buy the missus for Christmas or her birthday etc

Mad stuff like face cleansers, exfoliators, glycolic lotions and all sorts of stuff I don't know or care what it is for.

It's seemingly a good formula as all the stuff has been a hit with the missus !

Jonah

Quote from: CD on December 19, 2013, 07:39:14 PM
Quote from: Jonah on December 19, 2013, 07:38:03 PM

Would a hair curler be really imaginative?  ???
Do women still curl their hair?
I'm not well up on what women do to their hair to be honest.
I'd be killed if I came home with a hair straightener though, it's about as imaginative as buying her an iron! Imo of course.  :)

AZOffaly

No way. I remember GHDs were all the rage there a few years ago. This sounds like the next big thing for them. Stay away from presents related to household chores is the golden rule I think. No cooking utensils, hoovers, or irons (gulp).

A lad I know bought his wife a wheelbarrow for Christmas because she liked gardening. Not good.

Tony Baloney

Luckily my missus doesn't need much work so I don't have to buy all this crap.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2013, 08:19:52 PM
Luckily my missus doesn't need much work so I don't have to buy all this crap.

I've seen your wife....

And you're correct ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 19, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
No way. I remember GHDs were all the rage there a few years ago. This sounds like the next big thing for them. Stay away from presents related to household chores is the golden rule I think. No cooking utensils, hoovers, or irons (gulp).

A lad I know bought his wife a wheelbarrow for Christmas because she liked gardening. Not good.
Maybe he just didn't pick the right colour.

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 08:08:45 PM

Any more tips Lynchbhoy?
Lol

That rubbish expose programme on tv3 in the evenings ( and website ) has top buys in various items in cosmetics and beauty world

If I see it I write down the top one or two in whatever category they are showcasing and I have a list of stuff to buy the missus for Christmas or her birthday etc

Mad stuff like face cleansers, exfoliators, glycolic lotions and all sorts of stuff I don't know or care what it is for.

Good stuff Lynchbhoy, my horizons have been expanded.

J OGorman

larryin89

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 19, 2013, 08:08:45 PM

Any more tips Lynchbhoy?
Lol

Ponse.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .