Jon Daly (Rangers)

Started by BennyCake, December 09, 2013, 10:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

From Dublin, playing for Rangers/Rangers FC, AFC Rangers, I-can't-believe-it's-not-Rangers, or whatever name they're going by these days.

I'd say it doesn't go down too well in Ireland. What if he was called up for the Ireland squad? That could be fun.

Anyway, what's the story here? Was it his boyhood dream to play for Rangers?

Milltown Row2

Seriously??? Would this be a problem in Ireland?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2013, 10:42:16 PM
Seriously??? Would this be a problem in Ireland?

Well, I'm just assuming he'd get stick, as Rangers players playing against Ireland in the past have been booed at Landsdowne Road.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Boyhood dream? Its not like he came through the ranks with Rangers, he only joined them during the summer. He will be 31 in Janurary so hardly a youngster,has 18 goals for them in division 2.
First ever Catholic to play for Rangers.

StGallsGAA

The chances of any Rangers player being a full international is now pretty slim, but on the off chance they are, it's likely they will be playing for the likes of the Cayman Island so will probably get laughed off the park, rather than booed.

rodney trotter

He is very unlikely to get called up to the Ireland squad anytime soon. Scottish Divison 2, say no more.

Wildweasel74

Sure Mo Johnston played for rangers years ago, plus alot of the Italians that played for rangers were all Catholic, it only becomes a problem in Glasgow and the sectarian shit hole we call Northern Ireland (sorry Belfast lol)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 09, 2013, 10:48:38 PM
Boyhood dream? Its not like he came through the ranks with Rangers, he only joined them during the summer. He will be 31 in Janurary so hardly a youngster,has 18 goals for them in division 2.
First ever Catholic to play for Rangers.

He's not the first ever that's for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

First ever Irish Catholic...

T Fearon

Wouldnt have a problem with him playing for Ireland.Loads of Catholics have played for Rangers since Mo Jo and they've even had a catholic manager,Paul Le Guen.

Daly had a successful career with Dundee Utd in the SPL which prompted Rangers to buy him or sign him

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 09, 2013, 11:01:16 PM
Wouldnt have a problem with him playing for Ireland.Loads of Catholics have played for Rangers since Mo Jo and they've even had a catholic manager,Paul Le Guen.

Daly had a successful career with Dundee Utd in the SPL which prompted Rangers to buy him or sign him

The biggest surprise is why Tony Fearon hasn't started this thread!! He'll be raging though he'll have plenty to say

laoislad

Rangers Celtic...Who gives a shite..Both clubs are a horrible shower.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dougal Maguire

Rather sweeping statement that
Careful now

laoislad

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 09, 2013, 11:22:52 PM
Rather sweeping statement that

Sorry.

Both clubs are a horrible shower...IMHO
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.