Belfast-Dungannon travel time

Started by bogball88, December 09, 2013, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 09, 2013, 09:32:12 PM
Good work wobbler. Gives me the shits reading it and the nightmare of the M1 roadworks 12-13 years ago when I was working in Monkstown!

The Westlink on a Friday evening when all you want is a Chinese and a beer... :'(

You're only a snapper Tony. Try the 80s when you were trying to get out of Belfast at 5-6pm and one of our freedom fighters left a bomb on Grt Victoria st And you were getting home at 10pm.
The Aristocrat Years

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

glens abu

Quote from: thewobbler on December 09, 2013, 09:19:29 PM
Yeah I got that bit from the title?

Then why are you giving him directions into Belfast ???

thewobbler

Quote from: glens abu on December 10, 2013, 09:34:54 AM

Looks like I'm not the only one reading half the thread. :)

Milltown Row2

He'll have to come home at some point  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2013, 09:38:25 AM

He'll have to come home at some point  :P

Very true Milltown but he wanted to know how long it took to get there in the morning so couldn't understand him getting directions and times into Belfast in the morning rush hour.Maybe he sould get time it takes to get to Belfast in the afternoon when traffic is light in that direction. ;D

LeoMc

Quote from: bogball88 on December 09, 2013, 06:27:19 PM
It's going from Belfast, just off the ormeau road, would be hoping to leave around 8 or so. Do you travel it often?

Go 15-20 minutes earlier. I used to head out that way every day and you would not believe the difference in traffic around the SunnySide / Governors bridge / Stranmillis roundabout those 15 minutes would make.
I hate the Hillhell road.
If you are lower Ormeau Donegall Pass / Donegall Road could be as handy as any.

bogball88

Quote from: LeoMc on December 10, 2013, 09:55:27 AM
It's going from Belfast, just off the ormeau road, would be hoping to leave around 8 or so. Do you travel it often?

Go 15-20 minutes earlier. I used to head out that way every day and you would not believe the difference in traffic around the SunnySide / Governors bridge / Stranmillis roundabout those 15 minutes would make.

What times good to hit down there LeoMc?

johnneycool

Hillhall is a great wee road, once spun the car on it on a wet morning going round one of the sharpish bends near that food place and was sitting facing the other way. Luckily a driver coming the other way eased off as they saw what was happening, no damage done.

Note to self, never have slick tyres on the car..

men in black

When getting to Dungannon. Depending on what area of the town
You are going to. It can be quicker avoiding the Moy rd. Drive on up
The M1 for 1 mile and go in the Eglish Rd.

LeoMc

Quote from: johnneycool on December 10, 2013, 10:44:02 AM
Hillhall is a great wee road, once spun the car on it on a wet morning going round one of the sharpish bends near that food place and was sitting facing the other way. Luckily a driver coming the other way eased off as they saw what was happening, no damage done.

Note to self, never have slick tyres on the car..
I remember a doll coming round one of those bends, clipping the kerb and bouncing out in front of me, I had to drop anchor so she had time to get back to her own side. Have hated the road since.

BenDover

this past few fridays have been a nightmare on the M1 heading down towards Dungannon, between couple knocks at the saintfield on slip, rubber neckers at the work beginning when ye can see f all in the dark

LeoMc

Quote from: bogball88 on December 10, 2013, 10:32:05 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on December 10, 2013, 09:55:27 AM

What times good to hit down there LeoMc?

If you are going out Donegall Pass / Donegall Road it is grand before 7:45. Not sure about later though the Ormeau road itself starts to get busy so if you have to head "into town" for any distance or have to cross the outbound lanes to reach the Donegall pass you will be getting into traffic.

armaghniac

QuoteHillhall is a great wee road, once spun the car on it on a wet morning going round one of the sharpish bends near that food place and was sitting facing the other way. Luckily a driver coming the other way eased off as they saw what was happening, no damage done.

Dublin has the M50, Belfast has the Hillhall road.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B