Nelson Mandela RIP

Started by 5 Sams, December 05, 2013, 10:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 06, 2013, 03:54:43 PM
To all of ye up in the wee six, protestant, catholic and dissenter, I feel sorry for you reading that shite on that page. How can any of you expect to live with or in harmony with a bunch of absolute fucksticks like that? I'm actually angry after reading that shite.

forward it onto Timmy Dooley, Billy Kelleher and the lads as it was utopia up here until the bad IRA set to work.

AZOffaly

I'm sure they're not speaking for all Unionists, but by Jaysus they are hard to read. All I could think of was meeting one of them in Portugal or somewhere on holidays, and them saying something. There'd be war on European soil again.

deiseach

To all of ye up in the wee six, protestant, catholic and dissenter, I feel sorry for you reading that shite on that page. How can any of you expect to live with or in harmony with a bunch of absolute fucksticks like that? I'm actually angry after reading that shite.

Jaysus. Must be bad if it got under your skin.

AQMP

AZ you get used to it...after 90 years.  I'd love Alan Shatter to come and live here for 6 months.  He'd be asking Adams where to sign up for the 'RA!! (Not that Gerry would know of course)

AQMP

AZ do you have copyright on the word "fucksticks" or am I free to use it??

AZOffaly

deiseach

Quote from: AQMP on December 06, 2013, 04:34:32 PM
AZ you get used to it...after 90 years.  I'd love Alan Shatter to come and live here for 6 months.  He'd be asking Adams where to sign up for the 'RA!! (Not that Gerry would know of course)

If you added Alan Shatter to the mix, even for only six months, Armageddon would ensue.

brokencrossbar1

Let's keep this a clean thread please girls.   :D

stew

RIP Nelson, a man who shaped a nation unlike few others, he gave me hope that one day, in my lifetime, that the Brits would leave the wee six and we would be United again.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Normally I would start a craption competition, but I have too much respect for Mandela.

To emerge from 27 years in jail only to embrace your captors is something special. But to persuade your long suffering followers to start cheering for the 'enemy' in the way he did for the Springboks in 1995 was astonishing.

South Africa isn't there yet, but it is an an awful long way from where it was and that shouldn't be forgotten.

Mandela was far more than a great South African though. He was a real living icon of hope to people all over the world.

It will be weird explaining to my small kids who he was and what he did in their history studies, but I am looking forward to that question.

RIP to the greatest individual of my lifetime.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Great post Muppet. Rings true with me. Will look forward to talking to my girls about him. Enjoyed the photo too.

Thanks also to McGrens for the link. Very true.

Thankfully I avoided the wullie link. Perversely though it's good that people like that expose themselves for what they are. Take comfort from that if it has annoyed any of ye.

Fear ón Srath Bán

It has always been there AZ, though when I say 'always', I mean since the Plantation, of course! ;) And that's the type of mentality that had free reign in the six since Partition, alas, until some folk had had enough.

One by-product of the social media proliferation has been the opening up of such crazed and benighted sectarianism to a much wider audience (beyond the wee six and the border counties). Enjoy :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Ulick

From Irish Times, 29.10.84, on FF, FG and Lab attitude to Dunnes Stores strike:

Maguire01

Do you really think this is the right thread to try and score party political points?

Ulick

Piss off Maguire who made you postngs police? The clip is relevant in terms of the hypocrisy abounding on the media at the moment - besdies the fact we've already had off topic postings to which you remained silent.