Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by tyroneman, April 10, 2007, 09:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Spangler

Quotestarted fleecing everyone by giving no exchange rate for sterling
They're doing you a favour taking foreign currency.  If you went to the US would they take English money off you??

Star Spangler

No.  What I said was you were using foreign currency at a Fermanagh home fixture.  ;D

Fuzzman

Yeah that is truly truly sad
:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
but sure you'll soon be back to your own wee caravan site of Clones.

At least ye are now the best supported team in the country after the Dubs.
At least for 2 more games this year.

I think Donegal better build that wall around aul Donegal a bit higher before the Orange Army come with their Buckies this weekend.
Ballybofey dads lock up yer daughters as they are about to get Tango-ed.

I predict a riot!!!

uselessfootballer

I thought yesyerday's game was promising for us, given that it was the first game of the championship and we didn't finish the league in great form. Very positive that the 2 of the debutant forwards claimed 6 points between them (6 from play).

Would have to disagree with some posters that Brian Dooher looked back to his best. I thought he was a long way off it, whilst he covered an immense amount of ground the majority of the ball he got was either spilt in the challange or given back to Fermanagh through poor passing. Hopefully that was just a lack of sharpness in relation to ball-handling and it will come given more matches.

Gormley, Carlin and Harte in particular looked solid in defence but Ricey is in danger of becoming a caricature of himself, with the projection of the tough as nails image becoming more important than the footballing ability that gained him his reputation in the first place.

Great to be back in Clones for a championship game after 2 years and feeling quite positive about the next challange.

The Iceman

I am an Armagh man but went to Clones yesterday.  Football is football.

Colm Cavanagh is a bollocks.  He faked injury from a "headbutt" when a Fermanagh player chested him.  What a disgraceful way to behave and at such an early time in his footballing career - is this what is being drummed into Tyrone Footballers now?

Ricey? Why is he called Ricey anyway? He is a dirty f**ker.  He openly elbowed a man in the head to receive the black card and is seriously just out to hurt people rather than play football.  Keep on him Mickey - every game and see how far Tyrone get this year.

Full back line badly exposed.  No movement from forwards.  Midfield coming forward and Ger Cavlan won the game.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Star Spangler

QuoteI was using Euros and I nearly didn't have enough of them.
So why were you moaning about them taking English money (saying it was "pure greed")?  They didn't have to take foreign money.

Fuzzman

Iceman don't be coming on here calling the pot black about dirty defenders. At least we can admit when someone is dirty and not go way OTT and make them a Goddess, with their own website etc, just because he makes a habit of it busting forwards jaws.

If your team are renouned for being dirty f**kers then have some wit and shut yer gob about other teams.
I know Tyrone can be guilty of DIVING sometimes but I know NOT to mention it on here to justify that its correct cos others do it.

If you read the board often enough you would see most people agree Ricey is OTT and although he can be a GREAT man marking defender like Francie, he too often goes OTT.

Do you think high and late tackles are drummed into the Armagh team (NOTE how to spell your own county ya muppet)
I suspect they might be. Especially tactical late 3rd man tackles same to be yer speciality since 2002.

tyroneman

QuoteI thought McCullagh would have been the right footed free taker

Is he not left footed??????

Agree though that we need a consistent free taker for right sided shots (SON will be fine for left footed frees).

A decent free taker is a must for any county now. If we had've nailed the same percentage of frees as Fermanagh we would have been very comfortable.

Bring back Mark Harte (joking joking)

QuoteRicey? Why is he called Ricey anyway? He is a dirty f**ker.  He openly elbowed a man in the head to receive the black card and is seriously just out to hurt people rather than play football

Maybe you should talk to Mickey Linden and ask him about dirty footballers out to "just hurt people"

loughshore lad

What happened Justin McMahon yesterday? Did he get injured in the warm up?

Mr. Nakata

According to the Irish News, Justy missed out through injury. Thought Mulligan and Jordan looked overweight, possibly feasting on the same burgers that Joey likes. Well maybe not overweight, but certainly carrying more than usual. I thought yesterday's fayre was dire. Take Sean Cavanagh out and we'd have no chance. Have to agree with a previous poster about Dooher. Put in a great shift as always but he kept fumbling, distribution was poor and hand passes at close quarters were being intercepted. A win is a win and I left the ground contented, knowing that we can step up the gears when confronted by the orchard or tir connell.   

The Iceman

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 21, 2007, 12:22:28 PM
Iceman don't be coming on here calling the pot black about dirty defenders. At least we can admit when someone is dirty and not go way OTT and make them a Goddess, with their own website etc, just because he makes a habit of it busting forwards jaws.

If your team are renouned for being dirty f**kers then have some wit and shut yer gob about other teams.
I know Tyrone can be guilty of DIVING sometimes but I know NOT to mention it on here to justify that its correct cos others do it.

If you read the board often enough you would see most people agree Ricey is OTT and although he can be a GREAT man marking defender like Francie, he too often goes OTT.

Do you think high and late tackles are drummed into the Armagh team (NOTE how to spell your own county ya muppet)
I suspect they might be. Especially tactical late 3rd man tackles same to be yer speciality since 2002.

Oh God save us all for not following forum standards as carefully as you fuzzman.  Its called discussion and I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are.  The Armagh was a typo it happens when you don't type with one finger you muppet! And you are one to be talking about spelling.
Less of your shit and calm the f*ck down
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

neutral

A good win for tyrone football.  They have a lot of work to do.  A good win for down they have a lot of work to do too. 

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: The Iceman on May 21, 2007, 12:00:43 PM
Colm Cavanagh is a bollocks.  He faked injury from a "headbutt" when a Fermanagh player chested him.  What a disgraceful way to behave and at such an early time in his footballing career - is this what is being drummed into Tyrone Footballers now?

What the f**k are you on about. The lad was injured during an attempt to win the ball. He fell awarkly and hurt his shoulder/neck. I personally think he got hurt by the way he fell and not be the defenders attempt to win the ball. How anyone can say this is faining injury when you have to be stretchered off, and not able to return to the fiels of play is a complete joke. There was no mention of a headbutt from any of the players who actually continued playing when the incident happened. Think you need to look at the incident again iceman before spouting shite like that.

uptyrone

I think The Iceman was referring to the incident before Colm Cavanagh got injured. Cavanagh done a late tackle on Owens after McGuigan had already fouled Owens, Owens then got up acting the hard man and stood face to face with Cavanagh, then Cavanagh just simply walked away from the incident. From what I seen Cavanagh didnt go down holding his face, he just brought his head back in case anything did happen.

I know Tyrone have had there fair share of players feigning injury, but every county is the same i.e in yesterdays game the Fermanagh keeper kept going down with a sore leg after Tyrone were hitting a few scores in a row, and im fed up listening to Tyrone getting getting slagged for something which they didn't do. I suppose we will have to wait to next week to see a clean game with no dirty tackles and no feigning injury from Donegal and Armagh  ;D

The Iceman

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on May 21, 2007, 02:09:39 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 21, 2007, 12:00:43 PM

What the f**k are you on about. The lad was injured during an attempt to win the ball. He fell awarkly and hurt his shoulder/neck. I personally think he got hurt by the way he fell and not be the defenders attempt to win the ball. How anyone can say this is faining injury when you have to be stretchered off, and not able to return to the fiels of play is a complete joke. There was no mention of a headbutt from any of the players who actually continued playing when the incident happened. Think you need to look at the incident again iceman before spouting shite like that.

I was talking about something that happened in the 4th minute! Not when he was stretchered off!
This happened at the sideline at the very start of the game.  Obviously the cameras didn't pick it up - but if you had been at the match you would have seen it yourself
So I'm not spouting anything - I'm stating fact