Kev Hughes
Dooher
Cavlan
McGinley
Mulligan
C Cavanagh
McCullagh

ONeill

The whole McGuigan thing coupled with the rake of other injuries has fairly dampened the pre-championship excitement for the second season running.

We might even see Gourley in the forward division again!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

At the same time as all the bad luck there are players in Tyrone who haven't a hope of getting on the pitch on Sunday who would walk onto the Fermanagh forward line! Probably some that aren't even good enough for Harte's squad
It will be a massive shock if Tyrone don't win well, as McHugh says today in the Star the players coming in may well be even more motivated than the bigger names if everyone was fit.

ONeill

You've excited me again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2007, 07:14:07 PM
You've excited me again.

I hear it doesn't take much..

I'm getting worried about this game. As stated previous, it bears all the hallmarks to the lead up to last year's game against Derry. Tyrone and Fermanagh have been close in recent years and I'm sure they will be fired up to scalp a major team in this year's Championship.

Plus I know a few Fermanagh lads for Ederney who are just champing at the bit to rip the shit out of me on Sunday evening if Tyrone fall at the first hurdle.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

There's a few around here too Ziggy, but I'm not holding my breath

Fear ón Srath Bán

Wouldn't be as pessimistic as some folks; doubtless Fermanagh will be up for this big time to exorcise the ghosts of a dreadful NFL campaign, but injury-stricken or not we still have a talented bunch, who will be no less eager than Fermanagh -- maybe not that handy a win, but a win nonetheless ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

I know you're right Fear on Srath Ban, but I'll breath easier come 5pm on Sunday ;)
Testing Accessibility

FermPundit

I have an awful good feeling about this game on Sunday. I can't really explain it but I honestly believe the lads have one big performance in them this year and hopefully it'll come this weekend.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

I like your thinking FermPundit but I'm going in hope rather than optimism!
BTW do you reckon there will be many Fermanagh fans?
Not that we've a bad support you'd just need every man woman and child, huns and all, to bring as big a support as Tyrone!

FermPundit

I reckon there will be a decent enough Fermanagh support but the sunshine fans of 2004 have all but disappeared. The crowds at the national league games weren't great so I wouldn't be too hopeful. If its a good day weather wise we might bring a big enough support. What did you make of Barry Owen's ineterview in the Irish News today? He didn't give too much away!!

ExiledGael

Na he never does, them Teemore bog men are not meant for national media exposure!
He's a hell of a player though, wonder how many positions he could feature in on Sunday if we need to change things?
I'm happy none of the camp are saying a whole pile, let us swoop in under the radar and take what we can, our best hope is if Tyrone take their eye of us, everyone else in the country has, throwing 2004 down as a freak flash in the pan, the players are still there, barring Stevie ofcourse

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: FermPundit on May 15, 2007, 08:40:10 PM
I have an awful good feeling about this game on Sunday. I can't really explain it but I honestly believe the lads have one big performance in them this year and hopefully it'll come this weekend.

I have an awful bad feeling :-\ McGuigan, O' Neil and Penrose definately out...Mulligan, Mulgrew and McGinley doubtful. Thats a whole forward line possibly ruled out! If none of the 3 doubtfuls make it then what kind of attack are we looking at? Is Cavlan fit? Maybe something like Dooher, Cavlan, Mellon, N.Gormley, C.Cavanagh, McCullagh?

ExiledGael

Of those Niall Gormley would put the most fear in me. He went to school in Enniskillen for seven years, maybe even won a McRory with St Michael's, im not exactly sure, and is really putting up a fight for a place on the team.
Heard he scored 9 points for Trillick last week as well, could be a matchwinner

FermPundit

Yep, Niall Gormley won a MacRory cup medal with St. Michael's back in 2002 I think. He defintely deserves his chance on the Tyrone team.

I would fancy the Fermanagh defence to hold that potential Tyrone attack but our main problem for many a year is our inability to turn possession into scores. That is my biggest concern for Sunday. I think we have a real chance to beat Tyrone but I'm not sure if we have the forward line to get enough scores.

I'm predicting a tight low scoring affair.