LETHAL ALLIES : British Collusion in Ireland

Started by cadhlancian, November 18, 2013, 04:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

It's a tribute program to the members of the  prototype underground murder squads of the British Army who eventually (in different disguises) crippled the IRA's ability to wage their campaign and eventually forced them to surrender their arms, according to the closing words of the presenter.
The campaign to criminalise militant republicanism still goes on.

red hander

HiMucker

Surely these guys go against the official government line and could and should be prosecuted.

Jeepers Creepers

They were sent out to shoot and kill IRA suspects and bring the war to them. So why then did they only shoot civilians?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: HiMucker on November 21, 2013, 10:26:10 PM
Surely these guys go against the official government line and could and should be prosecuted.

Makes the timing of Larkins  comments much more interesting.

sammymaguire

'Legitimate' targets. Well they could have had a gun so that's good enough reason to blow their brains out. Cowardly scum.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Arthur_Friend

Did the IRA drive into loyalist areas in 1972 shooting civilians as claimed in the programme?

EC Unique

Interesting to see Martin Dillon on the program. He was writing about this 20+ years ago.

brokencrossbar1

The re-writing and 'softening' of history continues, I was very disappointed in John Larkin and I do not for one minute believe that he was acting 'independently' like Cameron suggested "The words of the Northern Ireland Attorney General are very much his own words,".  He was someone who to my mind always fought for the underdog but recently he has turned Turk. 

The program tonight was fascinating in many ways in that they openly admitted to a shoot to kill policy and shoot on sight policy but as has been stated their arrogance was very unpalatable. 

orangeman

Drip, drip, drip. They're softening us up, bit by bit, week by week, month by month, year on year.

Nothing shocks anymore.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: orangeman on November 22, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
Drip, drip, drip. They're softening us up, bit by bit, week by week, month by month, year on year.

Nothing shocks anymore.

I told yous. Outfoxed. They are always one step ahead.

orangeman

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 22, 2013, 12:20:07 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 22, 2013, 12:16:16 AM

Nothing shocks anymore.

I told yous. Outfoxed. They are always one step ahead.

There'll be more revelations and more programmes like this.

Larkin's "suggestion" yesterday wasn't just made off the top of his head. It's all carefully planned, considered and timed.

theskull1

History will be buried. People will grow old and die waiting for the truth about these sorts of things. Obviously the British want to bury the past and dress it up as trying getting this hole to move beyond this ugly past.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Rossfan

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 21, 2013, 10:28:07 PM
They were sent out to shoot and kill IRA suspects and bring the war to them. So why then did they only shoot civilians?
Because they couldn't shoot back being unarmed.
Like others I suspect this programme and the AG's comments are part of a choreography leading to something.
To stop investigating things so that no Brits involved in dirty tricks can spill any info?

Hope the 26 Cos. Poppy wearers are proud of themselves the cnuts.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

deiseach

Quote from: Rossfan on November 22, 2013, 10:54:28 AM
Like others I suspect this programme and the AG's comments are part of a choreography leading to something.

Definitely. I've seen Peter Hain and David Davies have weighed in the subject, admitting it's all very sad but the natives really need to move on. Both Labour and the Tories are onside. The fix is in.