snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

It's the minor tournaments where the betting irregularities happen. Certainly not at the business end of the Crucible.

square_ball

Yeah it would be easier to fix best of 7 or 9 matches rather than a best of 33 one.

Si just too inexperienced to know what to do when the tide was turning against him. Hopefully he can kick on as he is great to watch and not go the road of his other mates from China.

ziggy90

Quote from: square_ball on April 30, 2023, 11:31:55 AM
Yeah it would be easier to fix best of 7 or 9 matches rather than a best of 33 one.

Si just too inexperienced to know what to do when the tide was turning against him. Hopefully he can kick on as he is great to watch and not go the road of his other mates from China.

14 frames to 5 down what were the odds on Brecel then?
How hard is it to "miss" a few shots?
Hard to call one way or the other.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

square_ball

To be honest I didn't see much of the match so don't know how many chances Si had to win 3 more frames from 14-5 up but I just think it would be difficult to effectively throw 12 frames without raising some suspicion. Maybe I'm naive but I just don't see it happening at the marque event of the year. Smaller tournaments absolutely. Sure John Higgins should have been banned for a long time and wasn't.

quit yo jibbajabba

Selby. 147. First in a final

#scenes 😃😃

square_ball

Unbelievable stuff. Fair play.

Now come on ta f**k Luca.

An Watcher

What price was Luca Brecel pre-tournament

Capt Pat

Brecel looks to be finished. He is still 16-15 ahead but there only looks to be one winner now.

Captain Obvious

Reaching it's climax now. Would miss Ted Lowe for tense finals like this "and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green."

Capt Pat

Brecel is missing pots by such a wide margin. I would be ashamed if I missed as badly myself.

Capt Pat

I spoke too soon. Brecel strikes back and is one frame away.

Captain Obvious

Brecel became the best by beating the best.

mrdeeds

Plays a refreshing brand of attacking snooker.

pbat

Delighted for him, he plays a good brand of snooker and seems a nice lad. Selby just dour