Pete McGrath - new Fermanagh manager

Started by FermGael, November 07, 2013, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Good luck to both. Surprising. Some drive for Pete 2/3 times per week
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

DuffleKing

Quote from: FermGael on November 07, 2013, 09:11:29 PM
Good appointment.  He will have the players respect. He has the managerial pedigree with Down and by all accounts may have a bit to prove after the way he was treated by the Down county board over the minor job.
For once, fair play to the county board.  His name did not slip out.
I wonder did they get in contact after his interview in the Irish news about the Antrim job?
Hopefully now the whole county will get behind the new manager.
Now over to Club Eirne.  Surely they will have to support the new manager.

The only question that could be asked of Down county board was how come they were so patient. Bryansford too.

T Fearon

This is akin to the appointment of Trappatoni as Irish manager ( a great coach well past his sell by date) and will end the same way...in tears.

By the way,what ever happened to Charlie Mulgrew? Fermanagh's best option as Manager is currently in charge of Monaghan.

Under Lights

snoopdog

Best of luck to wee Pete. hope he does well. Down football owe him alot but they treated him very badly. A Legend.

Man Marker

Quote from: T Fearon on November 08, 2013, 12:59:48 AM
This is akin to the appointment of Trappatoni as Irish manager ( a great coach well past his sell by date) and will end the same way...in tears.

By the way,what ever happened to Charlie Mulgrew? Fermanagh's best option as Manager is currently in charge of Monaghan.

99% of management ends in tears, you would hardly win the mystic meg award for the year award on that post.

Corner Forward

Terrible appointment for Fermanagh. A manager who has achieved a lot in the past but unfortunately hasnt allowed his coaching methods to move with the times. I honestly think this is a step back for fermanagh, hope i'm proven wrong as i would like to see them do well but think it will end in tears sooner rather than later.

southdown

Iv heard that Linden will be involved, any truth in this?

T Fearon

Age has everything to do with being a successful GAA manager.That's why Mick O'Dwyer hasn't won an All Ireland title since 1986

rrhf

When Armagh get two then they you can start talking from experience

Hardy

Quote from: T Fearon on November 09, 2013, 12:05:05 AM
Age has everything to do with being a successful GAA manager.That's why Mick O'Dwyer hasn't won an All Ireland title since 1986

The Japanese eat very little fat. The French eat loads of fat. Both nationalities suffer fewer heart attacks than the Irish, British or Americans.

Conclusion: Speaking English causes heart attacks. 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hardy on November 09, 2013, 11:13:32 AM

The Japanese eat very little fat. The French eat loads of fat. Both nationalities suffer fewer heart attacks than the Irish, British or Americans.

Conclusion: Speaking English causes heart attacks.

Huh?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

snoopdog

Cody Harte counihan and o Connor  are no spring chickens they all won all Ireland's recently . wee Pete has twice as many all Ireland's as Armagh and may have had more if there had been a backdoor in the 90s. maybe they should have went for someone with a proven record.

T O Hare

Wee Pete guided Byransford to an Ulster U21 title last year. He will be an asset to Fermanagh football and I really hope he does well. One of the good guy in the GAA!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

wanderer

I dunno what to make of this, when I heard McGrath I thought originally that they had gotten Marty!  :o It actually took me a few minutes to catch on. I haven't a clue if this is inspired or a catastrophe. I suppose it could have been worse, with some of the rumors, but it is so left field I dunno........

One very confused Fermanagh Fan......