Pete McGrath - new Fermanagh manager

Started by FermGael, November 07, 2013, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

best of luck to Pete Mc Grath.  Serious lack of respect for the man on here.  This place is getting worse. 

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on November 11, 2013, 01:38:12 PM
best of luck to Pete Mc Grath.  Serious lack of respect for the man on here. This place is getting worse.

Not really, Fearon has been here all along.

Best of luck to McGrath.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I'm not making fun of anybody.Just think it's sad that a man of his calibre is failing to recognise his time is over (if it wasn't the Down County Board wouldn't have removed him from the County Minor Management role). You can destroy your legacy by hanging on too long and accepting any job that comes your way out of ego and desperation.

I hope he is successful but simply cannot see that happening.

Rawhide

Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2013, 07:39:12 PM
I'm not making fun of anybody.Just think it's sad that a man of his calibre is failing to recognise his time is over (if it wasn't the Down County Board wouldn't have removed him from the County Minor Management role). You can destroy your legacy by hanging on too long and accepting any job that comes your way out of ego and desperation.

I hope he is successful but simply cannot see that happening.

Out of interest so we can pull this thread up when Mc Grath leave Fermanagh, what would be your definition of success in a county like Fermangh.
cccc is a true supporter lol

T Fearon

League promotion and/ or Ulster Championship win ( ie one match even)

FermGael

I would be happy enough if of managed to stay in division 3.
We have not won an ulster championship game in 3 years
We are not going to get a better chance than this year.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Rawhide

Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2013, 08:50:09 PM

theres the measure
cccc is a true supporter lol

PAULD123

Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2013, 07:39:12 PM

T Fearon, I am sure even you would admit to knowing nothing about the politics of the Down County board. But there are plenty and there si more to the way Pete has been treated than simply the quality of his talent.

Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2013, 08:50:09 PM

This is the only truly sensible thing you have said on this topic. I agree that promotion to Division 2 is a sensible measure of success. But there should be a two year window to achieve that. Expecting instant promotion is a bit greedy. Having said that, with Monaghan and Meath promoted but Wexford and Longford relegated to Div 3, this is probably a very good opportunity for Fermanagh. Next years division 3 will be tougher as division 2 is very strong this year.