Why are we playing footie/hurling on Easter Sunday

Started by Maximus Marillius, April 08, 2007, 06:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

Now I am no mad monk, but I am totally puzzled why we are playing games today. Surely Easter Sunday has a unique place in our lives and it is a family day. County team teams playing away will have had to travel yesterday, supporters will have travelled yesterday, or have gotten up extremely early to go. The family unit for people involved in these games did not exsist today. Games contradict the Easter spirit. The GAA faternity seems to have nothing to say about it all. This is a sport after all and not a business. Perhaps someone can enlighten men, pardon the pun.

J70

North Antrim

Max

Have you got nothing better to do than sit on the internet if your such a family man!!!!

Cloc Mor

Doubt you spent much of the day in the pub with that rant, big lad.

Orior

I totally agree with what you say Maximus. Easter is more important that Christmas.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on April 08, 2007, 07:16:17 PM
I totally agree with what you say Maximus. Easter is more important that Christmas.

Ah jays don't go there, or she'll have me doing Easter shopping, putting up Easter trees, Easter lights, buying Easter presents ...

pintsofguinness

It's just another day, I can't be gathering with the family anymore than once a year.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

I made the mistake of going to mass on Saturday evening. We're were held prisoner for over 2 hours.

ziggysego

Held Prisoner? Good God Orior, just imagine what our Lord was going through!!
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Orior on April 08, 2007, 09:00:58 PM
I made the mistake of going to mass on Saturday evening. We're were held prisoner for over 2 hours.
Dragged along myself, a hour and f**king 15 minutes...and they wonder why people don't go to mass!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

Quote from: ziggysego on April 08, 2007, 09:05:16 PM
Held Prisoner? Good God Orior, just imagine what our Lord was going through!!

Oh... er... emm..., and I enjoyed every minute of it