Poppy Watch Watch

Started by Hardy, November 01, 2013, 10:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Was at an event in Belfast yesterday and I seen my first of the season.

T Fearon

Plethora in Portadown from mid week.Neighbour has just called at the house,as she does every year,with some.For the sake of good neighbourliness,and she (elderly lady) accepts post etc for me,I make a contribution (modest) take some but would never wear them and wouldn't contribute otherwise.I believe it's called respect and tolerance of those from the other community.I believe that she has no compunction about doing this due to the unionist ethos and feeling that this is non political,and that all sides here fought and lost their lives in wars etc,and we all have them to thank for our "freedom"

Incidentally a couple of ladies also call,from a neighbouring parish,during lent every year,selling tickets for the Lourdes fund,and always ask me,without fail,are there any other " kethalics" in the area they could "hit" for ticket sales   ;D

muppet

Lads don't seem to understand the title of this thread at all.
MWWSI 2017

Pub Bore

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2015, 05:29:37 PM
Lads don't seem to understand the title of this thread at all.
Rather like the poppy it's been hijacked

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on October 24, 2015, 03:54:20 PM
Plethora in Portadown from mid week.Neighbour has just called at the house,as she does every year,with some.For the sake of good neighbourliness,and she (elderly lady) accepts post etc for me,I make a contribution (modest) take some but would never wear them and wouldn't contribute otherwise.I believe it's called respect and tolerance of those from the other community.I believe that she has no compunction about doing this due to the unionist feeling that all sides here fought and lost their lives in wars etc.

Incidentally a couple of ladies also call,from a neighbouring parish,during lent selling tickets for the Lourdes fund,and always ask me,without fail,are there any other " kethalics" in the area they could "hit" for ticket sales   ;D

Vichy collaborateur. 😆😆😆

T Fearon

I genuinely believe that unionists believe the poppy is apolitical,due to the facts that all sides fought and died in the war and we have them all to thank for our current "freedom"

Wildweasel74

watching the american football on BBC they everywhere lol

red hander

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on October 25, 2015, 03:06:19 PM
I genuinely believe that unionists believe the poppy is apolitical,due to the facts that all sides fought and died in the war and we have them all to thank for our current "freedom"

Unionists support the British government no matter what, wars, welfare cuts, etc. Anything else would be unpatriotic.

"Our boys do such a great job for us", "they fight proudly for our freedom", those sort of statements are mental. Invading a country illegally, slaughtering thousands of innocent people. Yes, what's not to be proud of there!

LeoMc

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on October 23, 2015, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on October 23, 2015, 01:41:26 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on October 23, 2015, 01:36:37 PM
No Poppy Watch entries yet this year.

Lest we forget.

/Jim.
bt sport presenters had them on last night during the celtic game. 1st i've seen this year.

Wrong thread.  Hardy set this thread up to watch the "Poppy Watch" thread.  You need to register your indignation/pride/pity/weariness over there.

/Jim.

Just as a reminder.

Muzz

Quote from: BennyCake on October 25, 2015, 06:02:58 PM

Unionists support the British government no matter what, wars, welfare cuts, etc. Anything else would be unpatriotic.

"Our boys do such a great job for us", "they fight proudly for our freedom", those sort of statements are mental. Invading a country illegally, slaughtering thousands of innocent people. Yes, what's not to be proud of there!

That is until Gay Marriage ;-)

LeoMc

And its up.
14:46 on the 27th October.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Muzz on October 27, 2015, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 25, 2015, 06:02:58 PM

That is until Gay Marriage ;-)

Don't forget about that auld gay blood too!!

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on October 24, 2015, 03:54:20 PM
Plethora in Portadown from mid week.Neighbour has just called at the house,as she does every year,with some.For the sake of good neighbourliness,and she (elderly lady) accepts post etc for me,I make a contribution (modest) take some but would never wear them and wouldn't contribute otherwise.I believe it's called respect and tolerance of those from the other community.I believe that she has no compunction about doing this due to the unionist ethos and feeling that this is non political,and that all sides here fought and lost their lives in wars etc,and we all have them to thank for our "freedom"

Incidentally a couple of ladies also call,from a neighbouring parish,during lent every year,selling tickets for the Lourdes fund,and always ask me,without fail,are there any other " kethalics" in the area they could "hit" for ticket sales   ;D

If they were used to honor the men and only the men it was originally designed to help then no problem, my issue is simply that they have bastardized the thing until it represents all facets of their armed services from every era and that, I have a real problem with.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.