Paul Hearty 17 SFC medals Is this a record. ?

Started by crossfire, October 27, 2013, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 28, 2013, 11:31:46 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2013, 11:18:16 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 27, 2013, 11:44:22 PM
Paul has a record even in Cross.

As for Cora, that's big girls blouse stuff.

For someone talking about a competition as fearsome and cut-throat as the Armagh senior championship that's a little rich.

Unlike the ultra-competitive Roscommon championship?

I didn't know Cora was a Roscommon player or that the Connacht Ladies' Senior Club Championship was actually the Roscommon championship.

Proud to have such a decorated player from our county.

Doubt Paul Hearty could do this, either: http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18611:cora-staunton-makes-rugby-debut&catid=14&Itemid=100008

armaghniac

Any Connacht championship is devalued as there is only a handful of counties and one of those has the population of a big parish.

However, I'd say Cross would beat any team Cora played on.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

blanketattack

Christy Ring beats it from most medals in one competition - 18 railway cup medals

stew

Quote from: armaghniac on October 28, 2013, 01:46:01 PM
Any Connacht championship is devalued as there is only a handful of counties and one of those has the population of a big parish.

To be fair that is a load of balls, the question was hearty's total a record, it clearly isn't and I am sure the Connaught champions enjoy winning the county title just as much as the Cross lads do.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

LeoMc

Quote from: stew on October 28, 2013, 11:51:49 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 28, 2013, 01:46:01 PM

To be fair that is a load of balls, the question was hearty's total a record, it clearly isn't and I am sure the Connaught champions enjoy winning the county title just as much as the Cross lads do.

Quote from: crossfire on October 27, 2013, 02:10:22 PM
I am aware that Kevin Heffernan, St Vincents, won 15 SFC medals in Football and 6 in Hurling which is amazing, but Paul lifted his 17th  Armagh SFC medal with Crossmaglen last sunday which could be a record in the one code.

Anyone know of someone who has surpassed that.?

How many medals does Cora have?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on October 27, 2013, 10:46:30 PM
Sure Cora has more provincal titles than that. No need for the horn tooting.

At club level she doesn't have more county medals than Paul and surely that is what we are talking about if you want to be pedantic about it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 29, 2013, 08:46:16 AM

At club level she doesn't have more county medals than Paul and surely that is what we are talking about if you want to be pedantic about it.

Osin must have 16 medals then? the most outfield player with county championship medals?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Someone mentioned Tooreen before, they're beside me and they had ownership of the Mayo hurling title for near-decades and they are an absolutely tiny club that doesn't even field a football team in a football-mad county.

Hearty's achievement is special, but the one thing it isn't is without parallel.

T Fearon

From what I've seen of the Armagh Championship this year, Hearty can look forward to bringing his medal count tally to twenty easily, without a sweat, if at 35 years of age, he decides to continue on for another few years.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on October 29, 2013, 03:39:31 PM
From what I've seen of the Armagh Championship this year, Hearty can look forward to bringing his medal count tally to twenty easily, without a sweat, if at 35 years of age, he decides to continue on for another few years.

He has certainly earned the right, that said how can you fully develop the next generation of keepers if Paul does not leave.

Legendary keeper on the best club teams of all time and one the the single greatest careers in gaelic sports, not a bad haul.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on October 29, 2013, 12:31:52 PM

Someone mentioned Tooreen before, they're beside me and they had ownership of the Mayo hurling title for near-decades and they are an absolutely tiny club that doesn't even field a football team in a football-mad county.

Hearty's achievement is special, but the one thing it isn't is without parallel.

As far as I know the Tooreen boys play football with Aghamore like Alan & Cathal Freeman and hurling with Tooreen. It makes sense as you have said it is a tiny club.

Maiden1

St Vincents Dublin contested every football final but 2 between 1948 to 1977 (winning 23).  They won 8 hurling titles between 1953 and 1967. 

Kevin Heffernon has 15 football and 6 hurling championships.  There may be others that have more combined medals (Heffernan quit hurling when he was 29).  e.g.  The Fergusons would have played more hurling, even if they had more football medals and played football alongside Heffernan.  Des won a couple of additional senior football championships when he moved to Meath.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Heffernan_(Gaelic_footballer)
There are no proofs, only opinions.

muppet

Josie Munnelly didn't quite win 17 county titles but wasn't too far off it.

1 All-Ireland (1936)
7 National League
2 Railway Cups
1 All Ireland Junior (1957 aged 43!)
12 County Senior Titles
MWWSI 2017

J70

There must be some lads from Burt with a rake of county medals.