Author Topic: Depression  (Read 76309 times)

Asal Mor

• View Profile
Re: Depression
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
Best wishes Fionntamhnach and fair play on such an honest and powerful post. I could relate to a lot of it(and I can genuinely say that you've often struck me as a brilliant poster on here). I've been through periods like that in my life too, the last couple of years actually but I recently started working with people who have intellectual disabilities and I love it. That, my family and running like a lunatic every chance I get, help me to keep it fairly positive. It's still a battle everyday, but it's worth hanging in there to see what happens I think. If there is ever any way I can help, PM me.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »
Jesus Fintona I had no idea you where going through that, always enjoyed your posts a lot. Hope things pickup for you, use all the support you can and focus your energies on the good things in life... it will not always be bad or dark

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2016, 09:43:14 PM »
Very powerful stuff Fionntamhnach. You are one of a small number of posters who I'd actually stop to read and enjoy your contributions to the board. Keeping fighting fella.
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2016, 10:06:47 PM »
Very powerful stuff Fionntamhnach. You are one of a small number of posters who I'd actually stop to read and enjoy your contributions to the board. Keeping fighting fella.

Same here. Apart from his contributions on general subjects, Fionntamhnach seems to have encyclopaedic knowledge of TV systems, transmission, reception, etc. that he has always shared willingly here. I have great time for people who know stuff, whatever it's about.The world doesn't work without them.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2016, 10:29:54 PM »
Keep er lit Fionntamhnach. Takes balls to write that.

One thing though, why on earth did ye pick the moniker bummer.....of all usernames.....?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2016, 11:13:34 PM »
TBH when I read the post I wasn't sure, as those above seem to be, that it was about yourself. I thought you may have been quoting someone else. Mainly because I always saw you as a confident, educated, articulate and interesting poster. I didn't see that poster as doubting himself in the way you described.

But then the only thing I have learned about these type of issues, is that they are rarely logical and easily understood.

Fair play to you for being so open and honest and the hopefully some good will come your way because of it.
MWWSI 2017

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2016, 11:13:57 PM »
Fionnta thats a very honest post lad. As said by others here your posts were the one i would have stopped to read. Hope you overcome this and life gets better for you.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2016, 11:17:00 PM »
TBH when I read the post I wasn't sure, as those above seem to be, that it was about yourself. I thought you may have been quoting someone else. Mainly because I always saw you as a confident, educated, articulate and interesting poster. I didn't see that poster as doubting himself in the way you described.

But then the only thing I have learned about these type of issues, is that they are rarely logical and easily understood.

Fair play to you for being so open and honest and the hopefully some good will come your way because of it.
+1
I also thought he was posting someone else's post.
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2016, 11:28:41 PM »
Aye like the other lads have said it takes balls to write that. You seem like a great lad (for a Tyronie) so hope you navigate your way around this.

Red Hand Man

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2016, 11:26:23 PM »
Jason McAteer on the Late Late just now talking about his own battle with depression in the past.

It's strangely, for fellow sufferers like myself, reassuring to see people with "profiles" speak candidly like Jason did tonight.

I'm in the midst of the worst onslaught that I've had in months. It's tough going.

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2016, 12:40:48 AM »
Wouldn't have been a while big fan of Mcateers but he spoke eloquently tonight I thought

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2016, 01:14:25 AM »
Yeah, was listening to McAteer earlier, interesting to hear his story.

Powerful post earlier fionntamach, not easy stuff to go through and to continue to go through. I wouldn't have much experience of that kind of stuff so I won't give you any advice on it but hope you're dealing with it ok.

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2016, 01:14:56 AM »
Jason McAteer on the Late Late just now talking about his own battle with depression in the past.

It's strangely, for fellow sufferers like myself, reassuring to see people with "profiles" speak candidly like Jason did tonight.

I'm in the midst of the worst onslaught that I've had in months. It's tough going.

I want to say something that might be of use to you, but I am hopelessly out of my depth on this topic. All I can say is the very best of luck to you in dealing with it.
MWWSI 2017

hectorsheroes

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2016, 01:44:54 AM »
McAteer spoke very well - I'm a manager involved with teams and a community worker and I can see every day the impact of depression. No point me trying to advise you myself fella but what I will say is this - your a GAA man you love the smell and craic of the changing room -the obvious nerves and shoulder to the opponent but more than anything your picked your there - you'll not win them all but you know what none of us do but lad if you need a chat - chat - chat like a muthafucka! -  all us boys are spectacularly the same regardless of position or influence so fella enjoy the experience -we'll celebrate the best volunteers tomorrow irrespectively! Mayo in extra time

Jell 0 Biafra

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2016, 04:12:49 AM »

I hope you're getting help for yourself.  Don't try to tough it out on your own.  I wish you the best with it.