Author Topic: Depression  (Read 84999 times)

Rudi

• View Profile
Re: Depression
« Reply #525 on: December 18, 2019, 04:07:57 PM »
Very simplistic....

Thats the problem, people should keep things as simple as possible, no need to over complicate things. Take stock of whats relevant and what matters.

grounded

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 18, 2019, 07:45:06 PM »
Sorry for you loss Pj can only imagine how you feel . Donít know why I feel the need to post on the forum but the black dog has got a grip of me and probably has for quite a while though I didnít want to admit it. i have sought help but itís not easy , things appear very bleak at the moment , to the outside it would appear that I have an ideal  life but the truth is my heads is  in turmoil, used to love Christmas but really dreading this one .

A work colleague confided with me that he suffered from depression. I could hardly believe it. He had a good job and a lovely wife and family, he was in his mid 30's and what i thought in the prime of his life. To the outside world all looked fine and well.
           He said it was an accumulation of things. Started with a family dispute and then other things added to it. None of the problems were particularly serious but all together he couldnt cope. But thankfully he got professional help. He knew enough to know things werent as they should be.
            He spent some time away from his family to recover and thankfully he has made a recovery although he said it is a constant struggle but crucially he now has some idea of some coping mechanisms and access to help should he need it.
            I think this is the key. Don't try to go it alone. Talk to someone you trust and get professional help if you need it.
            I hope everything works out for you

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 18, 2019, 08:03:26 PM »
Very simplistic....

Thats the problem, people should keep things as simple as possible, no need to over complicate things. Take stock of whats relevant and what matters.

As someone who's being battling it for a number of years I wish I wouldn't over complicate (mostly simple) things. That's part of the problem for a lot of people. Taking stock isn't always an option especially in the lonely hours when ur brain is running at maximum capacity with each thought more outlandish than the last.. 

Rudi

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 18, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »
Very simplistic....

As someone who's being battling it for a number of years I wish I wouldn't over complicate (mostly simple) things. That's part of the problem for a lot of people. Taking stock isn't always an option especially in the lonely hours when ur brain is running at maximum capacity with each thought more outlandish than the last..

I've been there too, thankfully not in the past 6 years. The initial comment was in response to a particular post and not depression sufferers in general.
I wish you well and hope you find light and clarity in your life again.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 07, 2020, 07:47:03 PM »
Talk. Talk. Talk.

Simple as that lads & ladies. Check on yer troops