Author Topic: Depression  (Read 79469 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: Depression
« Reply #510 on: November 22, 2019, 08:20:43 PM »
Wheels seriously off the wagon this week. Having a complete mare at work and home life is mental with 2 kids under 5 and a pregnant sick wife. Havenít felt as low as long long time. But there is always hope, many a man would love to be in my shoes.

Keep the faith lads, weíll get there.
Do you ever record the kids? It's a great distraction and a fabulous family record for the future.
Keep her lit and best of luck.
Lookit

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 22, 2019, 09:00:49 PM »
Wheels seriously off the wagon this week. Having a complete mare at work and home life is mental with 2 kids under 5 and a pregnant sick wife. Havenít felt as low as long long time. But there is always hope, many a man would love to be in my shoes.

Keep the faith lads, weíll get there.

Hang in there pj. A great distraction and something to lift the spirits is get down on the carpet and play with the wee uns. Snakes and ladders, toy cars or wrestling about.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 22, 2019, 10:14:30 PM »
Itís a gather up of stress over the last few months just taking its toll. Thankfully Iím in a better place now to deal with it, the kids and Mrs PJ are superb. Iím blessed to have them with me.

Cheers for the well wishes lads, weíll get there. 💚💚

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 22, 2019, 10:47:46 PM »
Itís a gather up of stress over the last few months just taking its toll. Thankfully Iím in a better place now to deal with it, the kids and Mrs PJ are superb. Iím blessed to have them with me.

Cheers for the well wishes lads, weíll get there. 💚💚

I back up what Bennycake says there PJ - my 2 lads and I were in the middle of floor this evening playing a game of snap.  You know the one where all cards are face down and you have to pick 2 to match e.g. 2 tractors etc. Simple but great craic.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 05, 2019, 10:11:35 PM »
A few posts back I said my wife was expecting number 3, well we got the dreaded news this week that we lost the child. Gutting and devastating news for us both after the loss of my mother during the summer. Iíve reached the lowest of the low again but Iíll get there.

Keep the faith.

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 05, 2019, 11:19:18 PM »
A few posts back I said my wife was expecting number 3, well we got the dreaded news this week that we lost the child. Gutting and devastating news for us both after the loss of my mother during the summer. Iíve reached the lowest of the low again but Iíll get there.

Keep the faith.

OMG, I'm so so sorry for your loss, man. That must be awful.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 05, 2019, 11:36:49 PM »
Sorry to hear that pj.

Stay strong. Be there for each other over the next few days and weeks.

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 06, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »
Really sorry to hear that. If you can get your hands on the Irish Times magazine from last weekend, thereís a really powerful article in it on the topic of this type of loss. You are not alone.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 06, 2019, 07:28:45 AM »
Sorry to hear that PJ.
Tough times.

Ensure you keep talking to people about it

grounded

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 06, 2019, 11:37:00 AM »
Hang in there PJ, things will turn the corner for you all. As the lads said keep the lines of communication open with others.