Author Topic: Depression  (Read 76254 times)

Taylor

• View Profile
Re: Depression
« Reply #420 on: December 05, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »
Cheers lads.

Tried that running lark. Goosed after a mile. Too fat  :P

Strange as it may seem (and I dont know how) I have found myself more relaxed simply because I have an appointment in March and there may be something that can be done.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 05, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »
Cheers lads.

Tried that running lark. Goosed after a mile. Too fat  :P

Strange as it may seem (and I dont know how) I have found myself more relaxed simply because I have an appointment in March and there may be something that can be done.

As the saying goes.....the longest journey starts with the smallest step. Well done on getting out, keep it going....I'm 17 stone so no lightweight 😜. I regularly do 5k now so hope for us all.....and always feel a lot better after it. Keep talking👍

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 05, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
If you can't run, walk. Pick up the pace slightly each time, try to sprinkle in a few steps of running to get you going. Running's tough, it hurts the first few times you do it, but you can settle into it eventually. Even when I'm in shape and I've been training, I still find the first mile tough as hell until I settle into my stride.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2018, 07:00:07 PM »
*Bump*

Christmas is hard for a lot of people, keep an eye for your family & friends.

The last month or 6 weeks have been hard for me, thankfully Iím getting through it.

Itís good to talk folks.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 19, 2018, 07:59:35 PM »
*Bump*

The last month or 6 weeks have been hard for me, thankfully Iím getting through it.

Itís good to talk folks.

Good man PJ, life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride. Keep talking.....especially to the kids....they make no judgement. The sun always comes up👍

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2018, 08:16:54 PM »
My cousin's wife just died from this disease left three young children behind. No matter what happens at the end of the day every single one of us are fighting our own demons.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »
You know what's great for the auld head, a dog... Their attention is
 unconditional. I'm typing this sitting in a dark empty stand at the local football field as the dog potters about the seats. I value this walk every day, keeps me sane 😀 soon time to toddle home

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2018, 08:40:59 PM »
I read the story of Laura Burns in the paper last week, a young nurse who passed last week. 32 years old. Totally freaked me out, i used to hurl against her husband and knew him through work also.

Unreal, scary. We all have demons to fight. Keep talking folks.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2018, 08:46:24 PM »
 unconditional. I'm typing this sitting in a dark empty stand at the local football field as the dog potters about the seats. I value this walk every day, keeps me sane 😀 soon time to toddle home

Never was one for dogs but I can see the value of one for some.

I find that swimming is great for me. Gives you time to work things out, bit of head space. No phones, tv, distractions. Youíve no choice but to switch off for an hour.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2018, 08:48:59 PM »

Agree...my poor dog...she never talks back....always up for a walk...rain hail or snow.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2018, 08:50:04 PM »

I find that swimming is great for me. Gives you time to work things out, bit of head space. No phones, tv, distractions. Youíve no choice but to switch off for an hour.
Any form of exercise is great. If you find something you love doing it's even better. Running does it for me.
Certainly good to switch off for an hour or so whatever it is you like to do.
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
If you're not into dogs, try cats. Mine saved me a few years ago.

There's even research that says that the sound of a cat purring on your lap can lower your heart rate and help you relax. My cat is always happy to see me when I come home. I have a wife now but when I was single the cat was a godsend. It was nice to have this animal waiting for me at day's end.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2018, 08:25:17 AM »
*Bump*

Itís good to talk folks.

Good man PJ.
Keep the head up and as the lads/ladies here have said no matter how hard it may seem talk to someone about it.
Costs nothing but definitely helps

general

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2018, 10:50:44 AM »
For anyone on Facebook, get yourself on a page called "Ask Dave".

A lad of about 25 set it up some time ago, as a support for anyone feeling down, depressed or just down right P8shed off. I met the young lad out the other night while doing the once yearly festive 12 pubs and had a craic with him, great lad all together.

tintin25

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2018, 12:25:46 PM »

First Xmas in a long time and I seriously have no motivation to do anything.  Majority of mates are all married and have kids, so the nights out will be few and far between.  Trying to keep active for e.g. gym but it's hard not to have periods where you get abit 'down' during this time of year.