Niall Donoghue suddenly dies

Started by theticklemister, October 23, 2013, 11:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

GALWAY hurling circles have been left reeling following the tragic death of a young inter-county player tonight.

Also in this section

Is it you? €3.9m winning lotto ticket sold in Dublin

Shatter defends police on removals

Alan Shatter calls for Garda report into how two children were taken from their parents

Money Transfers

Buying Property Overseas Or Moving Abroad? Save On Money Transfer Fees

www.UKForex.co.uk

New Trick in the U.K.

Exposed: Receive an £80,000 life insurance policy as low as £5/mo.?

TheFinanceAuthority.com

Ads by Google

Niall Donoghue (22) who played for Kilbeacanty died suddenly this evening at around 7pm.

The young hurler had been an integral part of the Galway hurling team and played in the All-Ireland final last year. He had also helped the county secure glory in the 2011 Under 21's All-Ireland.

Pat Kearney, Galway Hurling Board Secretary said the entire community was devastated by the tragic death.

Mr Kearney, who was a fellow clubman of the late Niall Donoghue at Kilbeacanty, said the thoughts and prayers of the entire board and club went out to Niall's family and community.

"He was a very talented hurler who had a promising future ahead of him," he said.

The young hurler, who played right wing back for the Galway senior team would have celebrated his 23rd bithday on Friday

Coolio

Sick to my stomach when I seen this thread... I can only imagine how he must have felt and how his family and friends are now. Words don't cover some things...
We're the devils men...

Cyril Farrell fan

Absolutely awful news!
I can't believe it.

Asal Mor

Terrible news. There are no words. Condolences to his family and friends. A huge blow for the Galway hurling team as well.

GaillimhIarthair

RIP Niall and condolences to all family and friends.

Absolutely awful news, there are no words.............

Lecale2

johnneycool

RIP Niall, fantastic fullback who'd so much ahead of him.

Condolences to the family and friends..

rodney trotter

seafoid

Very sad news. Such a young man and so much ahead of him.

SLIGONIAN

RIP, terrible, died suddenly. From the picture looks fit as a fiddle. Anyone know cause of death. Thoughts and prayers with family, friends and Galway gaa community.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Declan

Tragic news and all too prevalent in our country. Condolences to his family and friends

rosnarun

RIP Niall

unless  some one actullay can share cause of death please let us not have any 'knowing comment' A lot of us have been in this situation but it can have many causes
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

This is absolutely awful news - RIP Niall.
That was never a square ball!!

Farrandeelin

Awful news, such a young age. RIP Niall.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.