Happy happy Fermanagh folk but Belfast people very anxious

Started by orangeman, October 23, 2013, 10:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

National Statistics Office:

Belfast people most anxious in UK

The beautiful Fermanagh lakelands are home to the happiest people in the United Kingdom, according to the National Statistics Office.

Belfast people are claimed to be the most anxious

The people of County Fermanagh are the happiest in the United Kingdom.

That is according to data gathered by the Office for National Statistics to measure different elements of life satisfaction.

The figures also show that people in Belfast are more anxious than anywhere else in the UK.

For the first time, the Office for National Statistics has given a geographical breakdown of its happiness surveys.

It shows that more people in Northern Ireland rated their life satisfaction as very high than in any other party of the UK.

Within Northern Ireland, Londonderry has the lowest score for happiness - well below the UK average, while Fermanagh tops the list followed by Moyle, Lisburn and Limavady.

When it comes to anxiety levels, lots of places in Northern Ireland are above the UK average, but it is Belfast that tops the list as the most anxious place in the United Kingdom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24636367

Jeepers Creepers

I know a girl from Enniskillen who can't stop smiling, must be true.

Rossfan

I presume this only refers to Unionists as Nationalists aren't really in the yUK.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Olly

This shows that it's not the money that makes you happy. Fermanagh would be one of the poorest areas in the western world and they are just happy to be wading about.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Olly on October 24, 2013, 11:22:58 AM
This shows that it's not the money that makes you happy. Fermanagh would be one of the poorest areas in the western world and they are just happy to be wading about.

I wouldn't just say that somehow. It's not exactly the Detroit ghettos.

johnneycool

Ignorance most certainly is bliss as the bold Tom Elliott shows regularly..

;D

Olly

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 24, 2013, 11:30:56 AM

When was the last time you were in Fermanagh? I went through Enniskillenon my way to Westmeath and the conditions were dreadful. Dirty children and beggers littered the streets. The big river was stinking and people were drinking from it.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Olly on October 24, 2013, 11:41:46 AM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 24, 2013, 11:30:56 AM

When was the last time you were in Fermanagh? I went through Enniskillenon my way to Westmeath and the conditions were dreadful. Dirty children and beggers littered the streets. The big river was stinking and people were drinking from it.

Aye & that was only during the G8 summit.............imagine what it's like normally.

heganboy

yes that's correct- please don't visit you wouldn't like it - it's terrible, stay away for your own good...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Farrandeelin

Do Fermanagh people always put 'so it is' at the end of sentences?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Eamonnca1

Not necessarily, but they do say "aye" with an inhale at random moments. I've heard Derry people doing that too.

supersarsfields

Gold

'I'm sure' (in response to you tellin them a story)
'cooourse' (of course)
'she's a great wee cutty' and
'isn't it a tarra (terrible)' are often heard.
Fer man agh (chant at matches)

Some of the most relaxed, laid back and nicest people I've met
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

mb80b60

Quote from: Gold on October 30, 2013, 10:22:53 AM
'I'm sure' (in response to you tellin them a story)
'cooourse' (of course)
'she's a great wee cutty' and
'isn't it a tarra (terrible)' are often heard.
Fer man agh (chant at matches)

Some of the most relaxed, laid back and nicest people I've met

See also:
'ojus' - meaning, very/very good e.g. 'He has an ojus big head", "That was an ojus game"