Who will you support in the World Cup?

Started by Sidney, October 17, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 30, 2014, 10:33:58 PM

Who d buck are Clyne and Jenkinson?
Clyne is the southampton right back and Jenkinson is at Arsenal.
I cant see either of them making the squad
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Aerlik

Definitely Argentina.  As always.  Then Japan and France.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

oakleaflad

Brazil, then Japan. I would be interested to see how a few of the upcoming teams like Chile or Belgium do. Also hope the USA do well just for the popularity of the sport to improve a little over there.

J OGorman

That wee Neymar tube is putting me off Brasil the year. 

trileacman

Never liked the Brazilian soccer team. Always seemed to lack a bit of balls. Maybe it's the Nordie in me that wants to see them hauling the player down by his shorts in the last-man tackle.

Argentina however, there was a side with a bit of steel to go with the flair. I'd say a fair few could hold their own in a pub brawl.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AZOffaly

trileacman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
Uruguay for that sort of stuff.

I am not gay for that sort of stuff!!   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNIYob8nC7o
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Armamike

Belgium.  Seem to have a good bunch of players at the minute,whatever they've been doing at underage level.  They are due a bit of success.
That's just, like your opinion man.

EC Unique

Might have to support Holland now.  ;)

yellowcard

Argentina, the more matches we see the little genius in the better.

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on May 03, 2014, 12:13:02 AM
Argentina, the more matches we see the little genius in the better.

Nah, I'd rather watch big Ronaldo.

rodney trotter

Expected Chile to do well as one of the South American teams,  but hearing Vidal could be ruled out through knee surgery, which would be a huge loss for them. Still have Sanchez

angermanagement

World Cup Fact: In 31 games between them at the World Cup Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and Ibrahimovic have amassed a total of 3 goals! In 11 games at World Cups Landon Donovan has scored 5 goals

rodney trotter

Brazil Squad announced, no place for Coutinho or Kaka http://t.co/UlaHzR33XQ

Goalkeepers: Júlio César (Toronto FC), Jéfferson (Botafogo), Victor (Grêmio).

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Roma), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain), David Luiz (Chelsea), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Dante (Bayern Munich), Henrique (Napoli).

Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Ramires (Chelsea), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Oscar (Chelsea), Willian (Chelsea), Hernanes (Internazionale), Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk).

Forwards: Fred (Fluminense), Neymar (Barcelona), Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg), Jô (Atlético Mineiro).