Who will you support in the World Cup?

Started by Sidney, October 17, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

France got lucky again with the draw.

The Germans got Portugal, Ghana and the USA. Another group to be called the group of death Ghana got to the quarter final last time before losing on penalties I think against Uruguay. The Boateng brothers will be playing against each other in the Germany v Ghana match.

EC Unique

Quote from: Bingo on December 06, 2013, 05:15:59 PM
Uruguay and Luis Suarez all the way  ;D

There is a high chance he will have played his last game for Liverpool by that stage.

laoislad

Mixed group for us.

Argentina
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Iran
Nigeria
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Sidney

Tough draw for the chaps in this Moy Park Chickens World Cup 2014 tournament but I'm sure we can come out of the group without too much fuss, although having to deal with the world's finest player in Luis Suarez (the jewel in the Barclays Premier League™ crown) is certainly something to think about.

Particularly looking forward to us setting the record straight in Belo Horizone-ch in the final group match against Costa Roca, after that infamous 1-0 defeat there to the USA in 1950. Newspapers in England mistakenlly thought that result to be 10-1 to England, which was perfectly understandable given that we were by far the best team in the world.

Then it's onwards and upwards with an easy second round draw against one of the minnows of Colombia, Greece, some African team and I can't remember who.

All in all the expeditition is already shaping up to be just as successful as the British Loins' famous civilising mission to South Africa in 1974.

GAA_Talk

Quote from: Sidney on December 06, 2013, 11:36:58 PM
Tough draw for the chaps in this Moy Park Chickens World Cup 2014 tournament but I'm sure we can come out of the group without too much fuss, although having to deal with the world's finest player in Luis Suarez (the jewel in the Barclays Premier League crown) is certainly something to think about.

Particularly looking forward to us setting the record straight in Belo Horizone-ch in the final group match against Costa Roca, after that infamous 1-0 defeat there to the USA in 1950. Newspapers in England mistakenlly thought that result to be 10-1 to England, which was perfectly understandable given that we were by far the best team in the world.

Then it's onwards and upwards with an easy second round draw against one of the minnows of Colombia, Greece, some African team and I can't remember who.

All in all the expeditition is already shaping up to be just as successful as the British Loins' famous civilising mission to South Africa in 1974.

In all seriousness, why do you do that?

give her dixie

Tough draw for the chaps in this Moy Park Chickens World Cup 2014 tournament but I'm sure we can come out of the group without too much fuss, although having to deal with the world's finest player in Luis Suarez (the jewel in the Barclays Premier League™ crown) is certainly something to think about.

There will be a glut of tickets in Dungannon Sidney !!

http://www.tyronetimes.co.uk/news/tyrone-news/dungannon-company-secure-world-cup-deal-1-5882304
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Sidney

Quote from: give her dixie on February 18, 2014, 10:27:38 AM

There will be a glut of tickets in Dungannon Sidney !!

http://www.tyronetimes.co.uk/news/tyrone-news/dungannon-company-secure-world-cup-deal-1-5882304
There aren't enough free World Cup tickets in the world that would make me consider going to Dungannon.

DuffleKing

Sidney

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 30, 2014, 03:00:42 PM
See there's a few 'polls' online for England's World Cup squad. Jaysus it's a fairly thin selection...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10497297/World-Cup-2014-England-Squad-Selector-pick-your-23-then-compare-to-our-choices.html
I think it's a comfortably better selection than last time and arguably as good and better as most of the squads since 1990. Loads of good, young players there.

I don't believe the right man is in charge, however.

BennyCake

I don't really mind who wins as long as it's not England. I'm confident it won't be though. I think Brazil will win it.

Billys Boots

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 30, 2014, 10:33:58 PM

Who d buck are Clyne and Jenkinson?

I thought Jenkinson had declared for Finland; apparently not.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AQMP

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 01, 2014, 08:56:59 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on April 30, 2014, 10:33:58 PM

Who d buck are Clyne and Jenkinson?

I thought Jenkinson had declared for Finland; apparently not.

I think he played U21 for Finland but then declared for England