Time to split Tyrone?

Started by Jell 0 Biafra, October 12, 2013, 01:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Typical foul mouthed response from the Tymoanies.

The red handout county have gotten very cranky now that the good days are over.

orangeman

Be careful what you wish for.....................

Tyrone have invested a lot of money in this new facility but I'm not sure that everyone is happy with the development as the costs to maintain and manage a facility like this and other similar places will be enormous and a heavy burden to carry.

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on October 13, 2013, 10:04:06 PM

Tyrone have invested a lot of money in this new facility but I'm not sure that everyone is happy with the development as the costs to maintain and manage a facility like this and other similar places will be enormous and a heavy burden to carry.

Indeed! I think our model of having the 2nd County Ground there helps to shoulder a bit of the pain but it's not easy to keep something like that afloat!

Quote from: snoopdog on October 12, 2013, 09:42:03 AM
Quote from: islandchampions08 on October 12, 2013, 09:22:24 AM
I don't like tyrone personally but everyone who had the foresight for this has to be applauded. what vision they had to build something like this in this economic times, The younger members of tyrone gaa will reap the rewards of this for many years to come. well done tyrone gaa.
P.S Derry GAA have also got outstanding facilities in owenbeg. pity Down gaa are f**king clowns building our county pitch in Armagh with no room to swing a cat. Which means 70%+ of down gaa members have a 40+minute drive to get to the county pitch which is also beside a slaughter house lovely smells .

While i agree Down are behind the likes of Tyrone, lack of  facilities doesnt prevent Dublin winning All Irelands.
What are you on about. Pairc Esler is in Down. Where would you suggest Down have their county ground and what size should it be?
Down have excellent facilities at St Colmans if they would use them.

Lack of facilities?? In Dublin?? They train in DCU which has unbelievable facilities. Just because the CB doesn't own it doesn't mean they don't have access to the top facillities in the Country!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2013, 09:38:30 AM

Indeed! I think our model of having the 2nd County Ground there helps to shoulder a bit of the pain but it's not easy to keep something like that afloat!

I don't like tyrone personally but everyone who had the foresight for this has to be applauded. what vision they had to build something like this in this economic times, The younger members of tyrone gaa will reap the rewards of this for many years to come. well done tyrone gaa.
P.S Derry GAA have also got outstanding facilities in owenbeg. pity Down gaa are f**king clowns building our county pitch in Armagh with no room to swing a cat. Which means 70%+ of down gaa members have a 40+minute drive to get to the county pitch which is also beside a slaughter house lovely smells .

While i agree Down are behind the likes of Tyrone, lack of  facilities doesnt prevent Dublin winning All Irelands.
What are you on about. Pairc Esler is in Down. Where would you suggest Down have their county ground and what size should it be?

Lack of facilities?? In Dublin?? They train in DCU which has unbelievable facilities. Just because the CB doesn't own it doesn't mean they don't have access to the top facillities in the Country!

Where is Tyrones official 2nd county ground? Is it still Dungannon or would it not meet the modern standards required??

snoopdog

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2013, 09:38:30 AM

Thats what i meant, Dublin dont have their own facilities as they can use other ones. Same as in Down, what is the point in a financial burden if they can use the facilities at the Abbey or St Colmans.
Although i did see Mr Moyna saying last week that dublin should use the money from AIG to build their own facilities

johnneycool

Down hurlers use the facilities in the red high in Downpatrick which is only 15 minutes from the boat. I don't think too many of the ards hurlers are complaining about it TBH.

magpie seanie

I hope you're only messing because I really hate negativity like this. If we all thought like this we'd (all) still be living in caves.

parttimeexile

The only problems I have with the Garvaghey project is the fact that its nowhere near the middle of the County and that its very high meaning that it may not be the best for winter training. Maybe they couldn't get a more suitable site. Anyway don't be biting my head off for actually having an opinion. I do think apart from those two issues it is an excellent facility.

blewuporstuffed

I agree with your point about it being very high and windy and there will mostly likely be issues in the winter up there, but i would have said Ballygawley was about as central and easily accessible as you could get?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

sensethetone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 15, 2013, 09:14:54 AM
I agree with your point about it being very high and windy and there will mostly likely be issues in the winter up there, but i would have said Ballygawley was about as central and easily accessible as you could get?
apparently if you make a cross to find the centre of tyrone its mountfeild or there abouts, not saying the county board should have built a facility there just saying its more central.

LeoMc

I would have thought the height would be of benefit for drainage in the winter. I was up around it last weekend and the back pitches seemed quite sheltered (relative to the front ones) though there was not much wind.

sensethetone

its some set up, i'm sure the county board have planned for the costs involved in keeping such a project in the black.

EC Unique

Quote from: sensethetone on October 15, 2013, 09:24:46 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 15, 2013, 09:14:54 AM
apparently if you make a cross to find the centre of tyrone its mountfeild or there abouts, not saying the county board should have built a facility there just saying its more central.

If you look at a road map of Tyrone all major routes meet up at Ballygawley roundabout. It also has Kelly's Inn beside it which is a massive help for catering purposes. It is a grand location IMO and when the hundreds of trees mature they will provide a bit of shelter from the elements.

God14

I mind reading somewhere in the promotional gumph that they had allowed for 8000 trees to be planted. That sounds like a crazy OTT figure, hence it stuck in my head.

BennyHarp

I'd be pretty sure that the people who were forward thinking enough to bring this project to fruition would hardly have overlooked the small matter of keeping the thing running.
That was never a square ball!!