Michael McDermott - Longford Manager

Started by panc56, October 10, 2013, 05:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panc56

Can anyone enlighten me on the extent of this mans managerial capabilities? He brought Kilmurray to a club final, Clare to a Munster final but what else. Certainly a strange choice , considering the names that were interviewed.
I'm beginning to think Parkinson was right when he said there's a lot of profile managers who are clearly very good at interview stage.

rodney trotter

An appearance in a All Ireland Club final against the odds was good going.

shark

He managed Garrycastle this year and they failed to make the Westmeath final for the first time since 2007.  Not sure what they thought of him in general.

Gael85

managed Monaleen in Limeick,didn't make much of impact there either,would be a step back for Longford.
only done well with KIB as they are by far the strongest football club in Clare.when tookover Clare couldnt persuade KIB or other top players in county to play.

The Insider

Sorry to bust your bubble ,but no one has been appointed to the position of Longford manager yet . This appeared on the Longford Leader Facebook page and while there are a number of outsiders in contention the official word as of Wednesday evening was Nobody has been appointed yet , if wasn't confirmed or denied that this man is in line for post. The word in Pearse park at county final was that the 2 managers involved in final would be spoken to sometime this week and then a name would be brought to the executive followed by a meeting of the clubs to endorse decision

lynchbhoy

is Michael 'sal' obrien one of the contenders?

Qwerty28

Yer not painting a great picture of Mr McDermott by the sounds of things! He must be the front runner at the moment though.

Shamrock Shore

Layder facebook page must be written by the ghost of the late Vincent Gill.

Gill used to say if there was no news make some up cos nobody will know the difference.

So as Insider says there is nothing written in stone yet.

But that said I never heard of Michael McDermott until I saw the Layder facebook page.

The Insider

Still no official confirmation on who the next manager will be , provisional 2014 league fixture has us down to start with a home game v the Rossies . A tough start for the new man who could be facing having to do without Bernard Mc Elvanney , Shane Mulligan neither may be up for another year, and Padraig Mc Cormack with injury problem which sees him out for the rest of the year , missing the local U-21 championships.

Syferus

Where the provo list? Third away game to the Larries at this stage, we better be getting the other big bananas at home to make up for it.

commonman

from what I've heard ros have 3 away games Longford cavan and fermanagh

Syferus

Quote from: commonman on October 15, 2013, 10:02:18 PM
from what I've heard ros have 3 away games Longford cavan and fermanagh

Would have preferred the Cabin boys at home because they're looking good but if we have Wexford at home it makes all the other games manageable distances for team and supporters.

Qwerty28

Longford away to Wexford on the last day...might be 2 points need to stay up Im afraid...4 away games are a bit of a hindrance too, but at least we start off with the el Classico in the park!!

Zulu

The Insider

Jack Sheedy is both senior and U-21 manager on a 1 year term to be renewed on an annual basis .Will be assisted by former Longford captain Frank Mc Namee at both levels. There will be local involvement at both levels to be confirmed over the coming week . New strength  and conditioning coach as well. Appointment well received at announcement tonight . Frank has already been involved with development squads this year and very highly thought of here.