Car audio - fm transmitter on another device

Started by Abble, October 04, 2013, 01:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

I've an old type car stereo, no cd player ,just a cassette deck and radio, FM MW etc

i've nokia lumia phone with my music on

now i've trying to research and is there some way i can play the music on my mobile phone thru an fm transmitter.

how does this work ?
it doesnt have to connect into the radio itself i beleive, but the fm transmitter is powered thru the cigarette lighter and un unused fm station is found on the stereo, you then match the same station on phone radio and from that you are then able to go into the phone music library and play my collection of stuff ?

can anyone confirm ?

StephenC

Yeah, that's it. I use one regularly. Depending where you are, it can be hard to find a clear frequency so you might get a small bit of interference. But it works very well overall.
I use Belkin one from Argos.

Abble

thanks, and it doesnt have to be phone specific or any of that malarkey, just plug into the cigarette letter and tune in.

does your belkin allow phone charging ? is it belkin tunecast universal ?

i'll go into argos here now online and see

StephenC

Quote from: Abble on October 04, 2013, 02:30:55 PM
thanks, and it doesnt have to be phone specific or any of that malarkey, just plug into the cigarette letter and tune in.

does your belkin allow phone charging ? is it belkin tunecast universal ?

i'll go into argos here now online and see

It's not specific to any phone. You just plug into the headphone jack, power by batteries or the cig lighter and find a frequency.
The one I have doesn't charge or anything like that. It was the most basic model.