Ireland v Australia, Rules Test 1, Breffni Park, Saturday 19 October 2013

Started by BennyCake, October 02, 2013, 10:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Because of lax boards. Wouldn't be possible to have it long over by October, but the first weekend or this weekend should be the latest for County finals, bar Counties who were involved in the All Ireland final and maybe Semi finalists.

Ciaran McKeeer playing the County final next week? What was the big hold up for...

Wildweasel74

Club football should start 1st week of march and be wrapped up for the end of September, there is plenty of time to fit in the games, this round robin (not straight knockout) championship delays games, not starting the county championship early enough too, There no real reason to hold off championship games with your county still in the all-ireland championship, most of our county players were getting kayoed at training not playing for their club (a few exceptions of course)

rodney trotter

Would agree club football should start in March in all counties if possible, started in February this year in Cavan

There was no need for McKeever or Murphy to be missing the first test, but that's the way it will be now. It wasn't as if AFL chiefs met with the GAA last week and decided to play the first test on the 19th, that was known a long time ago.

Jinxy

I'd agree that the club championships should be run off by september but the clash with the IR series is a non-issue for me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on October 11, 2013, 11:09:04 AM
I'd agree that the club championships should be run off by september but the clash with the IR series is a non-issue for me.
You're expelling a lot of air on this "non issue"  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rrhf

Jinxy

Colm O'Rourke hits the nail on the head in the whole club v country debate in todays Sindo.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tommysmith

The longer club football goes on the better keeps me busy on a sunday.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on October 13, 2013, 11:41:16 AM
Colm O'Rourke hits the nail on the head in the whole club v country debate in todays Sindo.

What is his general jist?

muppet

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: tommysmith on October 13, 2013, 12:20:33 PM
The longer club football goes on the better keeps me busy on a sunday.

You must be a referee so tommy ;D

rrhf

J OGorman

Quote from: rrhf on October 11, 2013, 11:22:39 PM
Hope they bate the dung out of each other

couple of broken jaws to a couple of our boys do the job for ye?

tommysmith