Latest Scores - Soccer

Started by Redgreenery, April 06, 2007, 08:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2008, 02:30:31 PM
I thought Benitez should have taken him off earlier. He was mouthing off to the ref a lot and was going to get into trouble eventually.

Its going to be a struggle for Liverpool now, as United will be able hit them on the break and Liverpool haven't been able to keep the ball at all. The way its going, United should get another one or two.

3-0 United. Liverpool have been exposed for the average league team they are.

Liverpool being a man down or not. United are in a different class.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

I've seen United play just as poorly against Liverpool and come out of the game with something. A goalkeeping mistake and a stupid sending off made the difference today.

new devil

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2008, 03:29:50 PM
I've seen United play just as poorly against Liverpool and come out of the game with something. A goalkeeping mistake and a stupid sending off made the difference today.

Are you serious?? we completely played yous of the park

J70

Quote from: new devil on March 23, 2008, 03:33:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2008, 03:29:50 PM

Are you serious?? we completely played yous of the park

In other matches.

J70

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2008, 03:35:30 PM
J70, Liverpool didn't attack at all today. They just sat back for the whole game. They were always going to be beaten.

Maybe, maybe not. What I'm saying is that United have been just as shite in other games between the clubs, yet have come out with a point or sometimes even three. Liverpool went to defend and nick an away goal. Its worked before in these fixtures many times, for both sides. The couple of minutes where Brown scored and Mascherano was sent off were the difference today. The game was even enough before that. After that, United were always likely to grab another one or two.

gaa.boy

Does anybody know of an internet link to watch the Chelsea game. (stuck in work). Thanks

Square Ball

Quote from: gaa.boy on March 23, 2008, 04:38:03 PM
Does anybody know of an internet link to watch the Chelsea game. (stuck in work). Thanks

you need to have sopcast

go to  http://www3.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=8629&part=sports
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2008, 04:39:55 PM
The difference for me was that Liverpool were very poor. Every player. First half - Poor. Second half - worse. They just weren't on the same level. The game wasn't even before the sending off. Liverpool were under pressure and United finally broke through when Brown scored. Second half, Liverpool were shite. Nothing to do with catching United on the break. Just shite.

Of course Liverpool were under more pressure in the first half. They were sitting back, as all the away sides do in these fixtures. Yes, Reina kept them in it a couple of times, but that is his job. United's goal didn't come from a defense cracking under a spell of relentless pressure - it was just poor defending, full stop. There was nothing inevitable about that goal at all, unlike the later ones, which looked to be coming for the entire second half. And with eleven men, Liverpool would've had a decent chance of getting something, unlike the damage control exercise they set about for most of the second half. I thought Liverpool were well in the match before Mascherano lost the head. If you disagree, fine, but I'll bet you weren't saying that United were "just shite" the day O'Shea scored the last minute winner.

Uladh

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2008, 05:07:10 PM
I thought Liverpool were well in the match before Mascherano lost the head.

Catch a grip

orangeman

Absolutely - catch yourself on ! The only way they'd have scored was if Ferdinand had kicked it into his own net !

J70

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2008, 05:27:51 PM
No. United kept Liverpool out that day and created a chance to win the game.
Today, Liverpool didn't keep United out and didn't create any chances.

So, what you are saying is that Liverpool played the same game plan as United did that day. However, it is quite obvious given the two outcomes that they didn't play as well as them.

Liverpool had a few near misses that day, including a great save Van der Sar made just before the goal. United's goal came from a break that went their way. Inches this way or that and Liverpool would have won and everyone would have been condemning a poor United performance, instead of commenting on how they won despite being by far the poorer team on the day. In the game at Anfield earlier this season, Van der Sar got away with a couple of spilled crosses, one of which was cleared off the line. In games like that one mistake or great save or some other singular incident can make the difference.

J70

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2008, 06:31:56 PM
So, what are you saying about today's game?
After losing 3-0, being on the back foot for 90 minutes and having not created a single chance, Liverpool were unlucky?
I'm not buying that.

FFS, where did I say Liverpool were unlucky today?

Uladh

Liverpool were embarrassing. the ref was harsh but could have had mascherano long gone for persistent fouling before the red card. the phrase "played off the park" was invented with today in mind.

oh and by the way, rafa was every bit the fat controller today. he exhibited no leadership and no ambition.

J70

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2008, 06:42:39 PM
QuoteA goalkeeping mistake and a stupid sending off made the difference today.
Two unfortunate incidents lost Liverpool the game. That's unlucky.

I said they were the decisive incidents. I didn't say Liverpool were unlucky.

Square Ball

Best team one, end of story.

Pepe made two errors, but made at least 5 1 on 1 saves, united had in total 16 shots on target and 7 off, against 4 on target and 4 off, also had 61% posession, OK you had 2 more corners that Utd.

Still more twists and turns to come.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid