Dublin team of the decade

Started by rrhf, September 27, 2013, 10:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Already 2 titles from the first 4 this decade with an average age of 20. Will Dublin be the team of the decade or who can stop their march?

rodney trotter

I'd say the average age is more then 20.., 23/24. Kilkenny, McCaffrey and Mannion being below that.

Captain Obvious

Going by the team that started on Sunday the average age was 24.8. One poster will be along shortly giving seven million reasons why Dublin will be the team of the decade.

Sea The Stars

Similar predictions made about Donegal last year. They were supposed to be unbeatable.

Never works out that way. Dublin are a fantastic team. All-Irelands are hard to win though. They might win several of them over the next 10 years. They might win none.

Johnnybegood

At least another 3 this decade not including the hurlers

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Sea The Stars on September 27, 2013, 11:05:22 PM
Similar predictions made about Donegal last year. They were supposed to be unbeatable.

Never works out that way. Dublin are a fantastic team. All-Irelands are hard to win though. They might win several of them over the next 10 years. They might win none.

+1
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Rossfan

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 28, 2013, 10:44:00 AM

+1
+2.
Not too long ago some people were telling us that Donegal were the only team who would be able to beat Crossmaglen Rangers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

They're a decent side, not a fantastic one.

Wildweasel74

I think what many are saying is the potential is there for a great team, i think they could find a better no.6 and midfielder, not much wrong anyway else, maybe  another forward for Andrews, and maybe Connolly in round full forward, this team is capable of winning another 3 all-irelands before they start to slide, it could be easier than most people think, there is no great sparring partner out there for them, where kerry came up against Galway, Armagh and Tyrone in their dominance, and the Ulster teams of the early 90`s came up against a powerful dublin team. Sometimes greatness is judged against a great opponent

Gael85

early days yet to be considered team of decade but if our young players fulfill their promise no doubt we can definitely won another 2,3 titles.Hopefully with a fully fit Alan Brogan will return next season along with Lorcan Molloy,Davy Byrne,Emmet O'Conghaile,Shane Carty and Cormac Costello will be challenging for first 15 next year

J OGorman

Kerry getting no younger, tyrone are done. Who are the main rivals,  a rejuvenated Cork and Mayo?  If the Dubs keep the foot pressed hard, the future is bright.

Jell 0 Biafra

Recent past tells you it's hard to repeat.  Mayo, Cork, Kerry and possibly Tyrone if they come on a bit will all be hard to beat.  Dublin will be thereabouts, but it's pretty much a crapshoot from the quarter finals on.

Right now it's enough for me  just  to enjoy the greatest period of Dublin success since the 70's.

muppet

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 29, 2013, 01:51:47 AM
Recent past tells you it's hard to repeat.  Mayo, Cork, Kerry and possibly Tyrone if they come on a bit will all be hard to beat.  Dublin will be thereabouts, but it's pretty much a crapshoot from the quarter finals on.

Right now it's enough for me  just  to enjoy the greatest period of Dublin success since the 70's.

Recent past suggests Mayo will beat Dublin in 2014, but not in the final. Sigh.

2011 Cork
2012 Dublin
2013 Donegal
2014 Dublin?
MWWSI 2017

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2013, 01:56:27 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 29, 2013, 01:51:47 AM

Recent past suggests Mayo will beat Dublin in 2014, but not in the final. Sigh.

2011 Cork
2012 Dublin
2013 Donegal
2014 Dublin?

There's a Sam in this Mayo team IMO.  Reminds me a bit of the Cork team that lost two in a row and went on to win, and the Dublin team that eventually won in 95 after losing semis and finals in the previous 4 yrs.

rrhf