Magic House in Dublin 4

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 26, 2013, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Wow.

I see disgraced property developer/ex-IRA man Tom McFeely's house on Ailesbury Road is the house that just keeps on giving.

On top of the €140k found in bundled €50 notes last week under the bath another €60k has been found in the same part of the house.

Poor auld Tom must have forgotten about the €200k cash lying around before he vacated. I mean it could happen to any of us.

I hope they checked down the sides and back of the couch - there could be a further stash there.

Bingo

Goes to show what we are dealing with in these "developers".

In his bankruptcy I'm sure he had to complete Statement of Affairs/Net worth and I doubt these sums where included on them, is this a chance to prosecute him.

Maybe the money was there when he moved in  ::)

Shamrock Shore

QuoteMaybe the money was there when he moved in  ::)

No Bingo.

He moved into the house prior to the introduction of the Euro so he cannot claim it wasn't his.
Unless the Euro fairy left it there, of course.

johnneycool

I wouldn't be surprised that legally they'd have to give that money back to McFeely. Its a warped world we live in.

Bingo

Quote from: johnneycool on September 26, 2013, 12:47:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised that legally they'd have to give that money back to McFeely. Its a warped world we live in.

Then it would open up a can of worms on him, he stated he only had €1,400 in his bank account as his only asset and that he owed 200m.

I doubt he will lay any claim on it.

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on September 26, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

'Someone' should send it the way of the Priory Hall people and let him ask them for it.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 26, 2013, 12:44:54 PM
Unless the Euro fairy left it there, of course.
Maybe it came from Bertie Ahern's winnings on the horses  ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

NAG1

In all seriousness, he would have seen the writing on the wall before most, surely he would have able to get this money to somewhere he could have access too.

Not that he should have a dime, but just thinking about it logically.

HiMucker

NAG, I think this tells us more of how much cash he actually had post bankruptcy that he forgot about 200k euro, and that's exactly what happened, he forgot about it!  He will be getting some stick about it now. 

muppet

Quote from: HiMucker on September 26, 2013, 03:43:51 PM
NAG, I think this tells us more of how much cash he actually had post bankruptcy that he forgot about 200k euro, and that's exactly what happened, he forgot about it!  He will be getting some stick about it now.

It's Breaking Bad(ly) for him these days.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

I gather the state has seized the money. On what basis? Does it not now belong to the current owner of the house?

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Hardy on September 28, 2013, 10:07:08 AM
I gather the state has seized the money. On what basis? Does it not now belong to the current owner of the house?

The money will remain in a bank account under the control of an official assignee appointed by the High Court until a legitimate owner has been identified.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.