Neighbourly love

Started by AZOffaly, September 23, 2013, 02:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Antrim - No.
Donegal - No.
Tyrone - Never.
Any other Ulster side - Nope.
It wouldn't matter what level or sport is involved.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Club Rossa

93 was awful Seafoid,thankfully it was their one and only.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

rodney trotter

Itchy

I wish we had a border with Roscommon so I could say Id never cheer for them. Look at them trying to take over the thread going on about u16 tournaments!

The only neighbours I'd have time for is Leitrim and Westmeath. The rest are horrible hoors I'd never cheer for.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Always cheer for Roscommon, Galway and Sligo when playing non-Connacht opposition. Not a neighbour but Leitrm as the fifth Connacht county gets my support too. I also cheer for Clare because the are West of the Shannon and were once part of Connacht. Parts of Fermanagh and Cavan were once in Connacht so on that basis the are my favourite Ulster teams. Longford was part of The Connacht Republic making them my favourite Leinster county [and now little Mayo].
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on September 23, 2013, 10:31:36 PM
I wish we had a border with Roscommon so I could say Id never cheer for them. Look at them trying to take over the thread going on about u16 tournaments!

The only neighbours I'd have time for is Leitrim and Westmeath. The rest are horrible hoors I'd never cheer for.

Cavan, Leitrim on a diet of spuds and just as spiteful >:(

Main Street

From a Monaghan point of view, there's been very little opportunity to cheer about re Cavan, nevertheless my earliest hero was Cavan's Ray Carolan, a man's man, carved by God himself, in His image.
Down were something else, something mythical. I remember as a kid hearing that Val Kane, who's claim to fame was that he was on the Down team in the 1960's, came to town, he was a salesman of sorts, there were a herd of us kids looking for his autograph.
Monaghan played Down at some stage  in the USFC at Ballybay, I was still in short pants, I remember being awestruck when the Down players ran out to the pitch, Joe Lennon, Paddy Doherty, Sean O'Neill etc.   
A good few years later I was playing midfield for a Dublin school against Gormanstown. I was being battered. One time I got clattered by about 4 of these ugly heifers and landed flat on my back over the sideline, I looked up and there I was staring at Joe Lennon. Joe just happened to be Gormanstown's trainer. I said to Joe, 'Joe I didn't read about that one in your fcxking book'.
Joe had a book out, a coaching manual of sorts. Anyway, my Kerry uncle liked that story.

thebandit

County: Monaghan

I'd support any other Ulster county outside the Ulster championship (particularly Armagh, as most of my family are from there) except Tyrone!

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 23, 2013, 05:04:17 PM
Oh fcuk - did not know about that 'Little Mayo' crap on balls.ie

Nothing to do with us Rossie and I am as embarrassed as you are.

That is nothing to do with Longford people as far as I'm aware - just greedy commercial interests as usual.  Sorry to see it though. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

I forgot to mention our other 2 neighbours.

Sligo - would generally cheer for them in any game except against us;
Roscommon - would cheer any Connacht team against them, but would cheer for them outside Connacht/qualifiers etc.;
MWWSI 2017

stew

I despise Down with all my being, apart from them I am ok with all other nordie teams with the exception of Tyrone, they had the great Frank McGuigan and I was fine with them winning, especially after watching him destroy us in Armagh, and then comes the ugliest fcuker to ever play the game, Noel McGinn, a serial thug and I have despised them since, PC and the dog killer did nothing to endear them to me either but at least we showed them how to win an AI. ;)

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Club Rossa

I remember Noel McGinn throwing sand into Houlihan's eyes during the 84 ulster final.

BennyCake

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 24, 2013, 01:47:51 PM
I remember Noel McGinn throwing sand into Houlihan's eyes during the 84 ulster final.

Surely Tyrone wouldn't resort to those sort of tactics?

seafoid

Quote from: stew on September 24, 2013, 01:25:42 PM
I despise Down with all my being, apart from them I am ok with all other nordie teams with the exception of Tyrone, they had the great Frank McGuigan and I was fine with them winning, especially after watching him destroy us in Armagh, and then comes the ugliest fcuker to ever play the game, Noel McGinn, a serial thug and I have despised them since, PC and the dog killer did nothing to endear them to me either but at least we showed them how to win an AI. ;)
What is the problem with Down? Is it the 5 Sams?