Neighbourly love

Started by AZOffaly, September 23, 2013, 02:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

If they split Dublin, I might get around to cheering for the Southside.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2013, 02:58:35 PM
Would always want to see Fermanagh win. But if they started winning things, fcuk them.

Armagh and Derry - I'd rather run me balls along a lane of broken glass. Indifferent to Donegal although McGuinness put me off them a bit.
There are many on this Board who would be happy to pay to see you perform this act
Careful now

Croí na hÉireann

Ah Jaysus LS, there was no mention of that on the board until now  >:(
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Syferus

Mayo - Ah, sure I know too many of them to get too upset by them winning against anyone but ourselves and Sligo. Maybe Leitrim on a good day. Supporters need professional counselling after all the trauma, though. The magic sums and Ballagh don't help relations but sure the feckers are Connacht-men too, just about.

Galway - Born in the getto of Ballinasloe, so I was. Given some of my earliest memories were of them beating us in 1998 and wrecking our party in 2001 I'd have them below Mayo on the like-ability scale. Still want them to stream-roll all the infidels from other provinces, though. Except Kildare. Dermot said they're good lads.

Sligo - Relations reached a low point in 2010 with the novelty that was Sligo confidence being derailed by typical aristocratic Roscommon football but in general we share similar grievances with Mayo for stealing our towns and a reciprocal support network when facing Connacht's fat cats.

Leitrim - These pip-squeaks hate us for some reason, probably because of our beautiful (and intelligent) women, our superbly breed Aberdeen Angus cattle and our prowess on the football field. We're big enough to be able to support our little brothers, when they're not playing London.

Westmeath - Croi. Dessie Dolan v. Brigids 2012. Enough said. >:(

Longford - I really liked them until they started beating us in the league.

Offaly - The dah knows Damien Martin well and he's mad craic. No hate visible but then I'm in the trenches of the Connacht heartland and not on the Leinster boarder 8)

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on September 23, 2013, 05:51:12 PM
Mayo - Ah, sure I know too many of them to get too upset by them winning against anyone but ourselves and Sligo. Maybe Leitrim on a good day. Supporters need professional counselling after all the trauma at this stage though. The magic sums and Ballagh don't help matters but sure the feckers are Connacht men too, just about.

Galway - Born in the getto of Ballinasloe, so I was. Given some of my earliest memory were them beating us in 1998 and wrecking our party in 2001 I'd have them below Mayo on the like ability scale. Still want them to stream-roll all the infidels from other provinces, though.

Sligo - Relations reached a low point in 2010 with the novelty that was Sligo confidence being derailed by typical aristocratic Roscommon football but in general we share similar grievances with Mayo for stealing our towns and a reciprocal support network when facing Connacht's fat cats.

Leitrim - These pip-squeaks hate us for some reason, probably because of our beautiful (and intelligent) women, our superbly breed Aberdeen Angus cattle and our prowess on the football field. We're big enough to be able to support our little brothers, when they're not playing London.

Westmeath - Croi. Dessie Dolan v. Brigids 2012. Enough said. >:(

Longford - I really like them until they started beating us in the league.

Offaly - The dah knows Damien Martin well and he's mad craic. No hate visible but then I'm in the trenches of the Connacht heartland and not on the Leinster boarder 8)

They probably hate your modesty.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Dublin: Love seeing Dublin lose but was delighted to see them win in 2011. A lot of time for Dublin supporters especially in defeat.

Meath: Detest their arrogance and mythology built up around teams that shone in the cess pit of mediocrity that was the 80s and 90s.

Laois: Would generally cheer for Laois, hardy feckers.

Carlow: How could anyone say a bad word about Carlow.

Wickow: Waste of talent, would always cheer them on.

Offaly: No time for a county that is stuck in a time warp, such arrogance in their supporters beggers belief, they never respect the Kildare's, Westmeath's and Laois's and until they do they will remain a bottom feeder.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Galway
I would only shout for Tipp it was to stop a Cork or Kk five in a row
Am quite fond of Offaly
Not pushed about Clare
If Ros were going anywhere I would shout for them.
At this stage a mayo all ireland would almost be as good as one for galway.

Throw ball

Quote from: Bingo on September 23, 2013, 03:51:44 PM
County  - Monaghan

Would have no bother with Cavan or Louth, a few good friends from Cavan and mother from Louth.

Armagh - another story, worked in a hotel down near Keady and it was an eye opener when I was in late teens, early 20's. Mind you keady is an exception, Cross be a different story. What done me for Armagh was when they started winning stuff, the amount of folk round town that suddenly started wearing orange and hanging flags from windows, cars etc was way beyond the pale. They came from everywhere and i actually wondered what county we where in at times.

Very true about Keady! Was at a wedding about 20 years ago in that hotel - I assume we are talking about the same one - and only knew a few there. Come 11pm a fist fight started. It was like a cowboy movie. About 6 of us hid out of the way behind the bar. Cowards the lot of us!

As an Armagh man always support Monaghan even though the in laws are from there. Would support all Ulster counties although sometimes find it very difficult to cheer on Tyrone.

Farrandeelin

Sligo: Happy if they go on a run, though not too fond of them, but I was delighted when Ros beat them in the Connacht final in 2010.

Ros: It's a love/hate thing with them. I'd cheer for them against Galway or other teams outside Connacht I suppose. I'd still hate to see them win an AI before us though!

Galway: Respect them. But more days in Salthill like this year would be nice too. Always cheer on their hurlers, found it strange shouting for Dublin this year when they played them, but blood is thicker than water.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: Lone Shark on September 23, 2013, 05:21:38 PM
Roscommon They've some fierce passionate GAA people and I am married into the community now so they would be my second county - I'd pretty much like to see them beat anyone bar Offaly. However it can be a little grating when they don't appreciate how much of a head start it is to start in Connacht. That provincial title a few years ago had an awful lot of sunshine supporters going on about how great they were, when they beat feck all to win it. Yes they've had some good minor teams too, but it's a big help when you're in a province where quite regularly you've to do feck all, or at most win one game, to reach the last eight.

Every county has sunshine supporters our 2010 title win was the same as Mayo did last year with wins over Sligo,Leitrim however Mayo weren't 4/1 to win the Connacht final and went into that game having been relegated to div 4.

The routes to winning provincial title or last 12 is no different than Cork,Kerry,Galway or Mayo have over the years & in fairness it take a lot more for us to win provincial title than any of those sides. Whatever about senior football underage football in Connacht has been as strong as it has for decades for example no back door in the U21 championship but ourselves and Mayo would have got very close to winning the AI title last April IMO.

As for the minors well we bet the pick of leinster this year lost by 3 to the AI winners Mayo and by two points v Tyrone so a bit more credit to work we have been doing at underage level wouldn't go astray either.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Forgot about Monaghan - always liked their brand of hard football.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Cold tea

Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2013, 02:58:35 PM
Would always want to see Fermanagh win. But if they started winning things, fcuk them.

Armagh and Derry - I'd rather run me balls along a lane of broken glass. Indifferent to Donegal although McGuinness put me off them a bit.

It's gobshites like you on the interweb make people hate Tyrone - personally I have lots of friends in Tyrone and would wish them all the best, you must be without balls I take it at this stage!

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on September 23, 2013, 06:36:53 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on September 23, 2013, 05:21:38 PM
Roscommon They've some fierce passionate GAA people and I am married into the community now so they would be my second county - I'd pretty much like to see them beat anyone bar Offaly. However it can be a little grating when they don't appreciate how much of a head start it is to start in Connacht. That provincial title a few years ago had an awful lot of sunshine supporters going on about how great they were, when they beat feck all to win it. Yes they've had some good minor teams too, but it's a big help when you're in a province where quite regularly you've to do feck all, or at most win one game, to reach the last eight.

Every county has sunshine supporters our 2010 title win was the same as Mayo did last year with wins over Sligo,Leitrim however Mayo weren't 4/1 to win the Connacht final and went into that game having been relegated to div 4.

The routes to winning provincial title or last 12 is no different than Cork,Kerry,Galway or Mayo have over the years & in fairness it take a lot more for us to win provincial title than any of those sides. Whatever about senior football underage football in Connacht has been as strong as it has for decades for example no back door in the U21 championship but ourselves and Mayo would have got very close to winning the AI title last April IMO.

As for the minors well we bet the pick of leinster this year lost by 3 to the AI winners Mayo and by two points v Tyrone so a bit more credit to work we have been doing at underage level wouldn't go astray either.

At underage it's been clear for a decade or more that Connacht is one of the most competitive provinces. All three top teams in Connacht harbour genuine AI ambitions most years now and the record of Connacht teams in the AI series speaks for itself.

ONeill

I take it no one dislikes Carlow - a bit like Fermanagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theticklemister