Poll

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
41 (28.5%)
No
103 (71.5%)

Total Members Voted: 144

Author Topic: Time to Split Dublin  (Read 46832 times)

Aaron Boone

• View Profile
Re: Time to Split Dublin
« Reply #675 on: September 10, 2017, 11:44:17 PM »
South dub side are beatable.
+1
Who is Con O'Callaghan?

Favourite for young player of the year?

Steve Cluxton is now favourite for player of the year.

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:35 AM »
South dub side are beatable.
+1
Who is Con O'Callaghan?

A swallow never made a summer.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 11, 2017, 01:58:29 AM »
I'm sure the craic would be great round Dalkey if South Dublin got to an All Ireland Final.Even Bono would be running around mad looking tickets,Pat Kenny would be tearing his hair out,and Bob Geldoff would have the business class flights home booked right away.

The only thing is,the citizens wouldn't contemplate standing on Hill 16, no no,out of the question.

;D ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mrhardyannual

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 11, 2017, 09:47:18 AM »
"Time to Split Dublin"

No.1 objective of the Mayo Senior Team. :P

mayoaremagic

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 21, 2017, 08:48:41 AM »
needs to happen in next 5 years. split the dubs

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 14, 2018, 10:56:56 PM »
Sorry for dragging up an old thread but as a certain bookmaker has offered odds of 5/4 on Dublin winning the next 10 Leinsters and that looks a generous price this subject is likely to stay bubbling under the surface. However splitting Dublin 2 won't work as it will simply be Dublin North and South dominating instead.
My solution is to split it in 4 along the local councils route, Fingal, Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, South Dublin and the City. I would then set Dublin up as a separate province and revive the Railway cup so the Dublin brand would continue.
There would now be 5 provincial championships which should be run on models similar to the Hurling round robins. There would still be a good chance one of the 4 Dublin teams would win the AI most years but it would at least give the rest of the country some hope.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 14, 2018, 11:12:09 PM »
Sorry for dragging up an old thread but as a certain bookmaker has offered odds of 5/4 on Dublin winning the next 10 Leinsters and that looks a generous price this subject is likely to stay bubbling under the surface. However splitting Dublin 2 won't work as it will simply be Dublin North and South dominating instead.
My solution is to split it in 4 along the local councils route, Fingal, Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, South Dublin and the City. I would then set Dublin up as a separate province and revive the Railway cup so the Dublin brand would continue.
There would now be 5 provincial championships which should be run on models similar to the Hurling round robins. There would still be a good chance one of the 4 Dublin teams would win the AI most years but it would at least give the rest of the country some hope.

Is this for real?  :D :D :D :D :D

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 14, 2018, 11:15:54 PM »

This is essentially (alongside subsiding prepartion and travelling expenses for county teams via centralised funding) of returning the GAA to its amateur ethos at IC senior. It would make for an incredibly exciting championship with al lot of teams believing they had real chances of an AI. But what bean counter in HQ has the balls to tell Dublin they are not a county and haven’t been one for decades?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:18:34 PM by Syferus »

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 14, 2018, 11:16:54 PM »

In time yes, let the current group beat all the records first which they will and then hope like hell that GAA can recover in the rest of the wasteland when the new structures are put in place.

Fear ón Srath Bán

• View Profile
    • Cumann Mhic Sioghair CLG, An Srath Bán
« Reply #684 on: June 14, 2018, 11:21:45 PM »

I like it  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mayo4Sam14

• Mayo for sam
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 14, 2018, 11:24:33 PM »

I assume when these teams are knocked out they have the same right as any to go through the qualifiers? Sure then we just end up with four dub teams in ai semi finals
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 14, 2018, 11:26:37 PM »

In time yes, let the current group beat all the records first which they will and then hope like hell that GAA can recover in the rest of the wasteland when the new structures are put in place.

So why was Kilkenny not split for hurling in the last decade or Kerry football from the mid 70s to 1986? Dubs a bit to go to surpass those teams.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:20 PM »

So why was Kilkenny not split for hurling in the last decade or Kerry football from the mid 70s to 1986? Dubs a bit to go to surpass those teams.

Follow the population and money before trying to trot out this old distraction of an argument.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:43 PM »

I assume when these teams are knocked out they have the same right as any to go through the qualifiers? Sure then we just end up with four dub teams in ai semi finals

Maybe under the new system the qualifiers will be abandoned and an all Ireland series for the top teams after the provincial round robin. There would be a maximimum of 2 Dublin teams progressing to this with the team who finished second in the Dublin RR having to play an extra round against maybe the 3rd ranked Connacht/Munster team.
Maybe have a 2nd tier competition for the teams who don't make it but it probably wouldn't be necessary as there would be enough competitive championship games played at that stage.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 14, 2018, 11:34:19 PM »

Follow the population and money before trying to trot out this old distraction of an argument.

Is sheer begrudgery. Like the great Kerry and Kilkenny teams this era for the Dubs will pass as well. Sup it up...