Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on November 17, 2013, 05:36:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 17, 2013, 04:53:15 PM
Especially since they won by 12!  :D

3-10 (19) to  2-4 (10)

Last reported score in the thread was 3-09 to 1-03 so you'll forgiven the error  ;)

drici

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2013, 02:18:15 PM

Cill tSéadhna are going out all guns blazing to win the Mayo Intermediate championship this year drici. I wouldn't be surprised if they put it up to Naomh Mícheál.

Great stuff Farr.
They haven't looked back since this post.

larryin89

Can Castlebar upset the odds on Sunday ? Thought they looked very vulnerable in the first twenty mins v Corofin , indeed Corofin could of been out of sight if shooting boots were on but Castlebar rolled up the sleeves and deserved their win in the end.

Brigids must be getting slightly tired at this stage , they're on the road a few years now for a club team and achieved the ultimate last year. That frenchpark team were fairly out of their depth in Ross final , never looked like a real threat.

Tempted by 15/8 for mitchels but should of got the value on them prior to county final , pretty sure they were 10s to win Connacht .

Castlebar support? Crickey what is that all about,will ye ever get off yer townie holes and get yourselves to Hyde park on Sunday.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on November 18, 2013, 11:36:41 PM
Can Castlebar upset the odds on Sunday ? Thought they looked very vulnerable in the first twenty mins v Corofin , indeed Corofin could of been out of sight if shooting boots were on but Castlebar rolled up the sleeves and deserved their win in the end.

Brigids must be getting slightly tired at this stage , they're on the road a few years now for a club team and achieved the ultimate last year. That frenchpark team were fairly out of their depth in Ross final , never looked like a real threat.

Tempted by 15/8 for mitchels but should of got the value on them prior to county final , pretty sure they were 10s to win Connacht .

Castlebar support? Crickey what is that all about,will ye ever get off yer townie holes and get yourselves to Hyde park on Sunday.

Western Gaels gave Brigids all they could handle for 40 minutes. Brigids didn't and haven't hit top gear yet this season. They'll need to on Sunday.

ross4life

Our county final was similar to last years Connacht final where the opposition had no answer once Brigids stepped it up in the 2nd half. Clan na nGael were the 2nd best in Roscommon this year they won the league title,gave Brigids their biggest fright in the championship thus far & IMO would have reached the county final if they were on the other side of the draw.

Castlebar have already upset the odds by reaching the final but this Sunday will be their biggest game for two decades how they react to that occasion will interesting. I think it will be a close probably low scoring game, there isn't many better clubs teams than Brigids for grinding out a result & for that reason alone i fancy Brigids to edge it by a point or two.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bojangles

Brigids have been the success story of Roscommon since the 2006 minor win. They fear no-one, are mentally tough, have talented players and are professional in their approach. They were also the first team to really crack the Crossmaglen hegemony and impose their own game on Ballymun in the final. They can lift their game to remarkable heights depending on the opposition they are playing. I genuinely think they will overcome Castlebar in a tough low scoring encounter, but would recommend to all neutrals to watch for moments of brilliance throughout the game. They've had their share of luck (both good and bad) but represented both Roscommon and Connaught with distinction over the years.

larryin89

I get the feeling people are underestimating Castlebar to a degree, Barry Moran, Ritchie Feeney, Alan feeney, Tom Cunnife, Aidan walsh, lydon, douglas, king are all excellent footballers. Time will tell and the obvious outcome is the experienced brigids to prevail but my head is telling me Castlebar will win this for some reason or another.

Hopefully its a good game anyways, will be travelling down for this one and would really love to see that unmerciful bollix cake drove to kingdom come with a rattle.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on November 20, 2013, 12:58:39 PM
I get the feeling people are underestimating Castlebar to a degree, Barry Moran, Ritchie Feeney, Alan feeney, Tom Cunnife, Aidan walsh, lydon, douglas, king are all excellent footballers. Time will tell and the obvious outcome is the experienced brigids to prevail but my head is telling me Castlebar will win this for some reason or another.

Hopefully its a good game anyways, will be travelling down for this one and would really love to see that unmerciful bollix cake drove to kingdom come with a rattle.

I think the only people who have underestimated Mithcells is the lads from Corofin. Castlebar's problem is that they look laboured in attack and their county calibur players play midfield and backwards. Brigids have an excellent defensive system and even without Domo they have Ian Kilbride returning to fitness and U21 county players like Niall McInerney to come in.

If Brigids exhibit the sort of relish for battles they have in previous years the Connacht title has every chance of wintering in Kiltoom/Cam for another year.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

whitey

Farrandeelin

Kirby is free to play alright. I wonder where would they put him after last day's display, where they were very good all over (apart from the opening minutes). He is never too outstanding in any game, but usually gets a lucky goal or two however.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 21, 2013, 08:42:12 PM
Kirby is free to play alright. I wonder where would they put him after last day's display, where they were very good all over (apart from the opening minutes). He is never too outstanding in any game, but usually gets a lucky goal or two however.
If it's that usual I would debate the word luck...knack of taking up good positions and reading a break is a good attribute to have IMO.

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on November 21, 2013, 11:10:19 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 21, 2013, 08:42:12 PM
If it's that usual I would debate the word luck...knack of taking up good positions and reading a break is a good attribute to have IMO.

Still no sign of Horan showing much interest in Kirby? It's either a damning indictment of the lad's temperament or Horan's management.

macdanger2

Quote from: larryin89 on November 20, 2013, 12:58:39 PM

Was talking to cake briefly in a pub one night, didn't seem like a bollix at all tbf, came across as a decent fella. Now that I think of it, not your typical rossie.....   ;)