Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on October 07, 2013, 03:13:40 PM
I'm a brigids club member. Think there are 2/3 more that would come on here for a read once in a while.

Brigids member too. Decent win yesterday without Domican, Kilbride, Darren Dolan etc. Frankie took his goal well and nealy scored a spectuclar one, his bro Garvan should have had one near the end. Corofin in Kiltoom would be a nice one for the final, assuming we don't slip up prior to this.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: Rudi on October 07, 2013, 03:33:38 PM
I'm a brigids club member. Think there are 2/3 more that would come on here for a read once in a while.

Brigids member too. Decent win yesterday without Domican, Kilbride, Darren Dolan etc. Frankie took his goal well and nealy scored a spectuclar one, his bro Garvan should have had one near the end. Corofin in Kiltoom would be a nice one for the final, assuming we don't slip up prior to this.

Prenty has decided clubs can't host Connacht finals at home anymore after the Corofin boys had a bout of the ye olde hooliganisms in Kiltoom three years ago. Brigids will have to mms do with the Hyde if they make the Connacht final.

sans pessimism

Great PHP-We have the multi club rossie/wannabemayoman doing all the sound bites for ye-he needs someone to take the pressure off(off us in fact!).
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on October 07, 2013, 05:39:58 PM
Great PHP-We have the multi club rossie/wannabemayoman doing all the sound bites for ye-he needs someone to take the pressure off(off us in fact!).

Have you not recovered from the All-Roscommon Connacht final last year or something, Sans?

It's ok, Ballagh lost yesterday so we'll only have the one entrant this year.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on October 07, 2013, 05:44:41 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on October 07, 2013, 05:39:58 PM

Have you not recovered from the All-Roscommon Connacht final last year or something, Sans?

Did you not venture to Gods country yday Sy to see the 2012 MAYO champions lose their crown in the MAYO championship-still It'll ease the pressure on ya this year....you'll be able to settle for following the rossies-at least until the business end of the AI series when you'll be dustin down the mighty Red and Green colours again  ;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on October 07, 2013, 05:44:41 PM

Lovely to see the large number of Ballagh businesses that sponsored or contributed to Western Gaels funds listed in the programme on Sunday.
True Ros patriots.
Pity WG didn't deliver but just not good enough.
Still the way is clear for Syfín to re mount the St B bandwagon. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Today results

Sligo senior final

Tubbercurry 0-10  Tourlestrane 0-13

Galway senior final

Corofin 2-13 Salthill/Knocknacarra 0-7

Mayo senior semi finals

Breaffy 1-15 Charlestown 1-6
Knockmore 0-09 Castlebar  3-07

Connacht senior odds will be interesting after those results.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossie11

Hardly..
Bridget's will be evens
Corofin will be 7/4 and you can name your own price on the rest.
The mayo champs will find it hard to come down to earth after winning
to be ready for a team as experienced and battle hardened as Corofin.

Farrandeelin

ross4life, Fuerty are indeed in the Connacht Junior Final. They await the winners of Headford/Cill Chomáin on the 16th of November.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Rossfan

Can't think of anywhere else to put this bit of info -

Connacht 2014 Draws -

Minor
Prelim (A) Sligo v Galway.
Semi-Final: A v MayoWR
Roscommon v Leitrim

U21

Prelim: (A) MayoWR v Roscommon.

Semi-Final: Sligo v A.
Galway v Leitrim

2 of the best teams in the Country meeting in March in the U21. Hopefully the Rhus will be lamenting the absence of a back door.
At Minor Laythrum will fancy their chances of winning their A.I. in June as we've been poor at U16 the last couple of years while they've been dacent.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 15, 2013, 10:46:44 AM
Can't think of anywhere else to put this bit of info -

Connacht 2104 Draws -

Minor
Prelim (A) Sligo v Galway.
Semi-Final: A v MayoWR
Roscommon v Leitrim

U21

Prelim: (A) MayoWR v Roscommon.

Semi-Final: Sligo v A.
Galway v Leitrim

2 of the best teams in the Country meeting in March in the U21. Hopefully the Rhus will be lamenting the absence of a back door.
At Minor Laythrum will fancy their chances of winning their A.I. in June as we've been poor at U16 the last couple of years while they've been dacent.

Last year's U16 team was a step ahead of Leitrim's, even if they did with a Manning Shield against a gassed Sligo team. Hopefully Fergie stays on as another AIQF is very doable.

Ros-Mayo should be some battle at U21.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on October 15, 2013, 06:40:54 PM

Last year's U16 team was a step ahead of Leitrim's
, even if they did with a Manning Shield against a gassed Sligo team.
[/quote]

Please stop making a bigger lúdramán of yourself than you are already -

2012 Fr Manning cup - Roscommon 2-16 Leitrim 3-10

2013 Fr Manning cup - Leitrim 3-10 0-4 Roscommon
         Ted Webb cup - Roscommon 1-5 2-6 Leitrim

And who's been firing chemical weapons into Sligo??? I know the rhubarbs are capable of a lot of things but they've hardly gone that far  ???

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 16, 2013, 10:52:56 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 15, 2013, 06:40:54 PM

Last year's U16 team was a step ahead of Leitrim's
, even if they did with a Manning Shield against a gassed Sligo team.

Please stop making a bigger lúdramán of yourself than you are already -

2012 Fr Manning cup - Roscommon 2-16 Leitrim 3-10

2013 Fr Manning cup - Leitrim 3-10 0-4 Roscommon
         Ted Webb cup - Roscommon 1-5 2-6 Leitrim

And who's been firing chemical weapons into Sligo??? I know the rhubarbs are capable of a lot of things but they've hardly gone that far  ???
[/quote]

Ted Webb Shield winners last year and we made the Manning Cup final and were gassed we we lost that one - it was played two days after the Ted Webb finals. Leitrim only made the Manning Shield, nothing else. We had a significantly better season.