Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on November 10, 2013, 03:37:37 PM
Did Corofin take their eye off the ball or are Castlebar fulfilling their promise? Probably a bit of both.

Corofin's usual problem once they get out of Galway. Just not clinical enough up front against the better sides. They could have had the game wrapped up in the first 15 minutes but missed an absolute pile of easy chances. Only forward they have with a touch of class is Ian Burke and he's still a youngster. Castlebar got 2 quick goals (one excellent and one jammy) and it was a slog in the mud until the end then with Castlebar just about holding them off.

moysider

Well done Mitchels. Great win. Didn t look likely after a shambles of a start. Talented bunch and if they played to their potential would be a serious team.

Kirby back for final will help.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

muppet

MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Well done Mitchels. Their freshness may just nab a Connacht title! They certainly have the hunger as they proved today. Kirby is out for the final from what i hear. Don't think the venue will make a difference, it did not today.

ross4life

Pure miss-match in Carrick, St Mary more or less gave up after 15 mins its hard to believe three years ago Brigids only bet Glencar Manorhamilton by 2pts in Carrick. Regardless of the opposition it was impressive scoring especially this time of year & between Boyle and themselves thats 9-37 scored against the Leitrim senior,intermediate champions, i think its safe to say the Mayo champions should provide a better challenge.

Good win against the odds by Castlebar any side that can grind out a win in Tuam v Corofin has to be a decent side it should be good final shame it isn't in Kiltoom where the pitch and atmosphere would be better.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Brigids just going about their business with minimal fuss. The emergence of Niall McInerney, Adrian Gleeson and Paraig Kelly spells bad things for those who were thinking Brigids may have been reaching the end of the road at county and provincial level. Fantastic U16 team this year too so everything is there for Brigids to be knocking on the door for quite some time yet.

Oh, and Frankie today. Frankie. He only gets better with age.

It'll take a very good team to beat Brigids.

Will Brigids/Castlebar have to play the London champions this season? Brigids played them in December 2011 and Crokes did likewise last Christmas so I think it's Ulster's turn this year..?

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 10, 2013, 07:32:10 PM
Well done Mitchels. Their freshness may just nab a Connacht title! They certainly have the hunger as they proved today. Kirby is out for the final from what i hear. Don't think the venue will make a difference, it did not today.

Kirby must have got done for a category III infraction so which is 2 games. Used to be 8 weeks.

Farrandeelin

Said on the radio that Kirby was out for the final. As moysider said it was an awful start for Castlebar but the way they dug deep to grind out the win may stand to them. Seamus Dukes commented that Brigids training sessions were harder than what St. Marys put up today. But Brigids are still there, they will be favourites again I suppose, but I hope and expect Castlebar to give them a game of it in a fortnight's time.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Castlebar are not without their chances. I d be doubtful about the way they are organised - based on what I saw in the first quarter. However they had enough quality players to figure their way. But early on they were a mess.

They also have defenders who can do a job on better forwards. While technically limited, Reilly had a savage game today. Alan Feeney and Cuniffe can go toe to toe with players of intercounty standard and young Durkan has quality and came to terms with Sice after a torrid start.

Forwards will have to do better individually and as a unit. Tom King and Feeney are dependable but Douglas often just seems interested in his own game.

It ll be interesting. I don t think Mitchels have been great last 3 games but have still won.

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on November 10, 2013, 09:44:47 PM
Brigids just going about their business with minimal fuss. The emergence of Niall McInerney, Adrian Gleeson and Paraig Kelly spells bad things for those who were thinking Brigids may have been reaching the end of the road at county and provincial level. Fantastic U16 team this year too so everything is there for Brigids to be knocking on the door for quite some time yet.

Oh, and Frankie today. Frankie. He only gets better with age.

It'll take a very good team to beat Brigids.

Will Brigids/Castlebar have to play the London champions this season? Brigids played them in December 2011 and Crokes did likewise last Christmas so I think it's Ulster's turn this year..?

Brigids strength in depth seems to be getting better each year how they have coped without the likes of Ian Kilbride,Peter Domican etc has been impressive however  Frankie,Mango,Senan are arguably their most important players & as we saw with Crossmaglen today some key players are very difficult to replace. 

Ulster champions have the trip to London this December its Connachts turn in 2014.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: moysider on November 10, 2013, 10:45:47 PM

Castlebar are not without their chances. I d be doubtful about the way they are organised - based on what I saw in the first quarter. However they had enough quality players to figure their way. But early on they were a mess.

They also have defenders who can do a job on better forwards. While technically limited, Reilly had a savage game today. Alan Feeney and Cuniffe can go toe to toe with players of intercounty standard and young Durkan has quality and came to terms with Sice after a torrid start.

Forwards will have to do better individually and as a unit. Tom King and Feeney are dependable but Douglas often just seems interested in his own game.

It ll be interesting. I don t think Mitchels have been great last 3 games but have still won.

Hit a great shoulder on the Corofin FF to break up a dangerous attack and great credit to the Corofin man (Canny?) who took the hit, was sent flying and still got up without dropping the ball. All without complaint or looking for the ref to give him something.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Wishing Kiltane all the best as they try to capture the Intermediate crown.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.