Sinead O'Connor

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 10, 2013, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: muppet on November 30, 2015, 09:58:00 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 30, 2015, 09:44:53 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 08:56:15 PM
Benny you are right.Those poor people genuinely contemplating and actually committing suicide do not advertise it.I can't recall a single act of decency from this woman,who has too much time and money on her hands,and not enough real life problems,like the rest of us,to keep her grounded.

I certainly don't want to see anyone committing suicide,not even her,but spare me these cringeworthy career advancing stunts,which have been a feature of her life since she hit the big time with a song written by someone else >:(

Career advancing stunts indeed.

I remember Gaybo had her on when she became a "priest". Why didn't people just ignore her? Then on the 50th anniversary of the LL show, Tubs had Gaybo and Kenny on the show (appropriately). Who do they invite to sit with them, only that asshole! As T said, she's famous for one song. I could understand if they had Daniel O'Donnell on, even Bono, Big Tom, Enya, one of the Dubliners. Someone who actually had a music career or any sort of career!

Now that social media is everywhere, she's still trying to stay in the public eye with her antics. Married 24 times, many children by many men, divorced after a week, becoming a priest, politican etc. Just ignore the headcase.

You obviously don't.  ;D

I do now. I stopped counting after 24  ;D

Maguire01

mylestheslasher

Perhaps if Sinead O Connor did commit suicide she'd get some respect from Fearon?? What a strange branch of Christianity he belongs to or maybe since gross hypocrisy is the bedrock of most churches we should congratulate Fearon on his consistency.

Anyway, I think it is sad to see someone as talented as O Connor implode in such a public way and I hope she can get the help she needs.

T Fearon

What a crass and stupid comment,saying that she would earn my respect if she committed suicide😠.

I have every respect and pity for some poor working person struggling financially,for example,through no fault of their own or with personal demons,but not this publicity seeking excuse for a human being trying to drum up (no pun intended) publicity for an imminent tour or greatest hits (all one of them) release.

Even her own brother disowns her ffs.Anyone who disses their own family is unworthy of respect or sympathy

mylestheslasher

Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 10:27:40 PM
What a crass and stupid comment,saying that she would earn my respect if she committed suicide😠.

I have every respect and pity for some poor working person struggling financially,for example,through no fault of their own or with personal demons,but not this publicity seeking excuse for a human being trying to drum up (no pun intended) publicity for an imminent tour or greatest hits (all one of them) release.

Even her own brother disowns her ffs.Anyone who disses their own family is unworthy of respect or sympathy

Depression is the same as cancer Tony, it doesn't care about your wealth, colour or creed. I wonder would Jesus have treated Sinead O Connor like you do? You are a hypocrite to your own supposed beliefs. Why don't you just admit you hate O Connor for having the cheek to question the catholic church. You are a bitter twisted little man - nothing else.

laoislad

But you said you'd disown your own child if they were Gay, you don't think that much of family if you would do that to your own child.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

Quote from: laoislad on November 30, 2015, 10:47:45 PM

But you said you'd disown your own child if they were Gay, you don't think that much of family if you would do that to your own child.

He's the mouthpiece he accuses O Connor of being, super ironic.

redzone

Wtf. If any of Yous had any decency Yous wouldn't be commenting at all about her. Pretty pathetic

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: laoislad on November 30, 2015, 10:47:45 PM

I know its hard but ignoring rather than responding to Fearon is the way to go, you are just not going to get any sort of reasoned response on topics like this and he just ignores his blatant hypocrisy when it is highlighted to him such as above

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 30, 2015, 07:07:35 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 07:01:37 PM
How will I benefit from feeling compassion or sympathy?

You do it tactically to help you towards your own eternal salvation. So you (uniquely in my experience) will defend Sean Brady while attacking the parents of victims of clerical abuse. They parents are of no use to you, but the Primate of All-Ireland certainly is of use to a staunch Catholic.
Tony will be reincarnated as a  Dalit. woman . in Pakistan. He's going to get such a land when he hears the news from St Peter.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on November 30, 2015, 11:10:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 30, 2015, 07:07:35 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 07:01:37 PM
How will I benefit from feeling compassion or sympathy?

You do it tactically to help you towards your own eternal salvation. So you (uniquely in my experience) will defend Sean Brady while attacking the parents of victims of clerical abuse. They parents are of no use to you, but the Primate of All-Ireland certainly is of use to a staunch Catholic.
Tony will be reincarnated as a  Dalit. woman . in Pakistan. He's going to get such a land when he hears the news from St Peter.

I got a funny feeling God will say: Hey Pete, take 5. I'll take this one.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

She was a priest at one point, Tony. Do you respect her now?

T Fearon

Er, the last time I checked the real Catholic Church didn't do women priests.It was another pathetic attempt to gain publicity and blatant mockery of the beliefs of millions of people.

AZOffaly

She's obviously always been 'off', and I'm sure some of what she did was in the name of self promotion, that's what musicians do, they try generate media attention to raise their profile. However I think it's fairly clear there's always been something fragile and disturbed about Sinéad O'Connor, and I think it's more than a bit snide and bollocky to be sneering at her, particularly when she is threatening suicide in a very public way (regardless of whether the threat is genuine or a bit of a 'help me'). Snide and bollocky, but not surprising given the source.

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyCake on November 30, 2015, 09:44:53 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 08:56:15 PM
Benny you are right.Those poor people genuinely contemplating and actually committing suicide do not advertise it.I can't recall a single act of decency from this woman,who has too much time and money on her hands,and not enough real life problems,like the rest of us,to keep her grounded.

I certainly don't want to see anyone committing suicide,not even her,but spare me these cringeworthy career advancing stunts,which have been a feature of her life since she hit the big time with a song written by someone else >:(

Career advancing stunts indeed.

I remember Gaybo had her on when she became a "priest". Why didn't people just ignore her? Then on the 50th anniversary of the LL show, Tubs had Gaybo and Kenny on the show (appropriately). Who do they invite to sit with them, only that asshole! As T said, she's famous for one song. I could understand if they had Daniel O'Donnell on, even Bono, Big Tom, Enya, one of the Dubliners. Someone who actually had a music career or any sort of career!

Now that social media is everywhere, she's still trying to stay in the public eye with her antics. Married 24 times, many children by many men, divorced after a week, becoming a priest, politican etc. Just ignore the headcase.

Spot on.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'