Sinead O'Connor

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 10, 2013, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Feckitt on September 10, 2013, 01:10:50 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 10, 2013, 01:01:14 PM
She's a genius. A musical legend.

She does and says crazy stuff but she's not mad.

Yes, and half the crazy shit that she was saying in the 80s that shocked and appalled everyone turned out to be true!!

No one, and I mean not a single person alive had the balls to go on TV and say that the Pope, the nice happy smiley faced Pope was presiding over a church that was actively protecting and covering up Paedophiles, but she did.  It may have cost her career, but she did it anyway.  The song that she brought out last year, 'The Wolf is getting Married' is a career highlight.  She's still got it.  I hope the facial tattoo thing isn't true, but I wouldn't be surprised.  Of course she's a bit mad, but I'm proud that she's Irish.

The single, best post ever on this board.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

firestarter

The name of this thread shows an ignorance regarding mental health. If someone was physically sick and suffering from cancer for example would you start a post asking on a  scale of 10 how bad their cancer was?

seafoid

rosnarun

Quote from: firestarter on October 06, 2013, 11:00:17 AM
The name of this thread shows an ignorance regarding mental health. If someone was physically sick and suffering from cancer for example would you start a post asking on a  scale of 10 how bad their cancer was?
possibly if they kept using their cancer to get on tv and generate endless publicity for themselves every time a new album was due
or were making a career out of being a 'cancer survivor' 
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

stephenite

Quote from: firestarter on October 06, 2013, 11:00:17 AM

Idiot

Asal Mor

She was brilliant. Very honest. If she's mad, then I'd like to be mad too. Tubridy was a bit fecking annoying, he made 7 or 8 attempts to steer the conversation back to Miley Cyrus, when Sinead was talking about important things.

glens abu

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 07, 2013, 05:55:20 AM
She was brilliant. Very honest. If she's mad, then I'd like to be mad too. Tubridy was a bit fecking annoying, he made 7 or 8 attempts to steer the conversation back to Miley Cyrus, when Sinead was talking about important things.

What important things was she talking about?

seafoid

Quote from: glens abu on October 07, 2013, 10:23:15 AM

Sexualisation of kids, how it's all about how you look rather than the music, what about kids who aren't lookers, the worship of money and bling,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2FRFhS7QY
Rihanna as a role model, Cyrus perhaps not understanding the implications of what she is doing etc

She's very smart but not conventionally. Tubs was a bit out of his depth

rosnarun

the only reason she was on was because of her Publicity seeking  comments about Miley cyrus and maybe the Tattoos on her face which she also refused to discuss,tubridy was well out of his deoth with such a skilful manipulator like O connor.
the important things that she wanted to discuss was the may Louis Walsh and co control the Music industry . It was always that was only now they do it in public on TV rather than in a Smokey Record company office where willingness to exchange sexual favours for fame was one of the main Criteria.
what the betting O connor is looking for a job on the Voice or one of thos shows ?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

Sexualisation of kids, how it's all about how you look rather than the music, what about kids who aren't lookers, the worship of money and bling,

Exactly.

johnneycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 07, 2013, 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

Exactly.

You only had to see that at work on the X-Factor where some of the best singers were kicked off as they didn't have the 'marketability'

Asal Mor

Quote from: johnneycool on October 07, 2013, 02:10:42 PM
You only had to see that at work on the X-Factor where some of the best singers were kicked off as they didn't have the 'marketability'

They should have started blubbering about how they were doing it for their dying uncle.

Feckitt

Quote from: stew on October 05, 2013, 10:48:51 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on September 10, 2013, 01:10:50 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 10, 2013, 01:01:14 PM
She's a genius. A musical legend.

She does and says crazy stuff but she's not mad.

Yes, and half the crazy shit that she was saying in the 80s that shocked and appalled everyone turned out to be true!!

No one, and I mean not a single person alive had the balls to go on TV and say that the Pope, the nice happy smiley faced Pope was presiding over a church that was actively protecting and covering up Paedophiles, but she did.  It may have cost her career, but she did it anyway.  The song that she brought out last year, 'The Wolf is getting Married' is a career highlight.  She's still got it.  I hope the facial tattoo thing isn't true, but I wouldn't be surprised.  Of course she's a bit mad, but I'm proud that she's Irish.

The single, best post ever on this board.

Ah, thanks Stew.

It was good to see her looking and sounding good on the Late Late. 

johnneycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 07, 2013, 02:51:46 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 07, 2013, 02:10:42 PM

They should have started blubbering about how they were doing it for their dying uncle.

Aye, but if you're a big fat lad, not so good looking, who can sing, no one gives a shít for your dying uncle.

J OGorman

fair play to her, she came across well and highlighted a few big concerns for those within the music industry and those 'into' music. Though, if youve only a passing interest in music, it wouldnt mean buck all, but for those interested in music and care what direction the whole industry is going, then it was important.