Author Topic: Death Notices  (Read 789293 times)

JUst retired

• View Profile
Re: Death Notices
« Reply #930 on: January 11, 2011, 06:57:07 AM »
What shocking news. My sympathy to both families at this time, from an Armagh gael.

Fluffy Che

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 11, 2011, 09:44:04 AM »
So sorry to hear this sad news, a tragedy. The family are in my prayers.
Midnight to Six..

EagleLord

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »
Shocking news. In any circumstnaces, its terrible, bit on honeymoon, John would be all alone in dealing with this. Heart goes out to him. Especially after reading this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12157888

JUst retired

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 11, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
The news gets worse, police are saying it was a robbery and the poor girl must have disturbed them,and they murdered her.

Doogie Browser

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 11, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »
The news gets worse, police are saying it was a robbery and the poor girl must have disturbed them,and they murdered her.
Terrible, I would fear for the police over there though.  They will be keen to get someone charged asap in order to reassure tourists that the place is safe.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 11, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »
Terrible, I would fear for the police over there though.  They will be keen to get someone charged asap in order to reassure tourists that the place is safe.

Exactly, there will be an arrest pretty quickly whether or not they have the right man/woman.  The attacker might not be identified by the use of the keycard, probably a stolen, master or copied one.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 11, 2011, 02:24:38 PM »

Exactly, there will be an arrest pretty quickly whether or not they have the right man/woman.  The attacker might not be identified by the use of the keycard, probably a stolen, master or copied one.

Was chatting to a lad in the bookies this morning who honeymooned there a year or so ago. He said he didn't like it and felt constantly on edge with the locals. Have heard that about places in Carribean but always would have had an image in my head of Mauritius as some kind of island paradise.

Doogie Browser

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:27 PM »
In fairness no matter where you go in the world you will always hear stories about safety etc, if we listened to them all we would never leave home.  As someone who was on honeymoon only 3 months ago I cannot begin to understand how her poor husband and family must be feeling.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #938 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
All six suspects are believed to be members of staff at the hotel.
(Irish Times)

Ulick

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 11, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »
Was reading a story from the Mauritian tabloid l’Express. Seems to be their version of the guttersnipe Sunday World. Broadly using John's request for a priest as some sort of incriminatory indication of his involvement in the death. 

shezam

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 11, 2011, 05:11:14 PM »
Been narrowed down to 2 suspects both employees of the hotel.

ExiledGael

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 11, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
Was reading a story from the Mauritian tabloid l’Express. Seems to be their version of the guttersnipe Sunday World. Broadly using John's request for a priest as some sort of incriminatory indication of his involvement in the death.

Some of that was disgusting and the same can be said of the Sun today. Seen all the major papers and they're the only one to go down that line, 'wife killed husband in custody' the jist of it.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 11, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
In fairness (though i-ve never bought the paper before)the husband is always a suspect. We know different here of course. Have they the death penalty?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 11, 2011, 06:16:27 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ExiledGael

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 11, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »
Despite the lack of information last night one of the first things to come out was that the husband was questioned but not as a suspect.