Author Topic: Death Notices  (Read 759974 times)

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
Re: Death Notices
« Reply #405 on: August 14, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »
Stuart Mangan, the 26 year old from Fermoy in Co. Cork, who suffered a severe spinal injury while playing rugby in London in April 2008, has sadly passed away.

He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London on Thursday as a result of respiratory problems and passed away peacefully on Friday 7th August in the presence of his parents Brian and Una and his three brothers Keith, John and Barry.

I'm sure a lot of lads had heard about this guy  sadly passed away

Sad news. RIP.
Testing Accessibility

stephenite

• Ballina Stephenites
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2009, 06:43:37 AM »
August 26, 2009 - 3:37PM
Senator Edward Kennedy has died, CNN has reported, quoting a statement from the family.

Kennedy, a member of the fabled American political family, had been battling brain cancer.

He was 77. He followed his brothers, President John F Kennedy and Senator Robert F Kennedy - who were both assassinated - as a leading Democrat in US politics.

Wonder who'll bring it up first?

Declan

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2009, 07:48:27 AM »
Some career Kennedy had 47 years in the senate and personally introduced over 300 bills that were passed into legislation

give her dixie

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 15, 2009, 01:22:06 AM »
Patrick Swayze R.I.P.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:12 AM »
The best cooler in the business
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 15, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »
Keith Floyd RIP - I just watched the excellent show with Keith Allen on him last night too.

full back

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 15, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »
Keith Floyd RIP - I just watched the excellent show with Keith Allen on him last night too.

When did this happen?

Doogie Browser

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 15, 2009, 11:11:03 AM »

When did this happen?
Yesterday, heart attack.  Last nights show was telly gold.

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 15, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »

Even when I thought cookery was highly uncool, I enjoyed watching Floyd.

RIP.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 16, 2009, 01:33:45 PM »
BBC reporter Barron dies aged 69 

Brian Barron in Afghanistan in 2001
BBC war correspondent Brian Barron has died from cancer at the age of 69.

He covered wars across five decades, from Aden in 1967 to Iraq in 2003, and served as the BBC's man in some of the world's major cities.

World News Editor Jon Williams said: "He was simply the most distinguished BBC correspondent of our age".

Barron witnessed many major events and was honoured with several awards. He died at his home in Cornwall surrounded by his family.

Joining the BBC World Service in 1965, he witnessed the fall of Saigon and reported from Africa on the demise of Idi Amin.

He covered the Falklands War from Chile, as well as working as Ireland correspondent at the height of the Troubles in the early 1980s.

'An inspiration'

He won several Royal Television Society awards including Reporter of the Year in 1980 and the International Reporting Prize for his coverage from Latin America.

Brian Barron reporting the fall of Saigon in 1975
After his official retirement, Brian and Eric Thirer, his friend and long-time cameraman, continued to work together in New York.

Two years ago, in what would be his final report for the BBC, he returned to Aden, 40 years after the end of empire.

Jon Williams said: "It was vintage Brian - funny, poignant, but with a message. He was an inspiration to more than one generation of reporters, producers and editors."

Barron leaves his wife Angela and daughter Fleur.

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #415 on: September 16, 2009, 09:07:08 PM »
Henry Gibson. Judge Clark Brown in Boston Legal and Dr. Werner Klopek in The 'burbs.

Testing Accessibility

wherefromreferee?

• THE TODD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 28, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »
Trish Porter - those about Walshes Maghera would know her.  Bodybuilder.  Pleasant lady

RIP
In your Endo!

man in black

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 28, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »

Even when I thought cookery was highly uncool, I enjoyed watching Floyd.

RIP.

Same as that.
A legend in my (cook) book. Best show he ever did was the one in South Africa where he was on an ostrich farm doing an ostrich curry. The other ostriches (ie the ones not in the pan) kept coming up and pecking at the wok. Floyd says to camera - im sure im going to get lots of letters about this, smiled and threw back a large glass of red wine. Fair play to him.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #418 on: September 28, 2009, 12:50:24 PM »
Got the repeat of Keith on Keith last night on More4. Very good show. Had a lot of flaws, but very entertaining and a better chef than most of the cnuts on TV... as he put it ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 28, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »
The Tipperary County Board have revealed their regret following the passing of one of the county's hurling greats in Denis (Dinny) Ryan.

Roscrea man Ryan, alongside brothers Mick and Jack, was part of the three-in-a-row winning Tipperary team which won the All-Ireland SHC title from 1949 to 1951.

A statement from the Co Board read: 'It is with regret that Tipperary County Board announces the death of Denis (Dinny) Ryan of Roscrea and Tipperary.

'From a famed Roscrea hurling family, Dinny and his two brothers Mick and Jack all played for Tipperary and will be remembered for playing their part in the great three-in-a-row All-Ireland winning successes the county had from 1949 to 51.

'He was also a prominent player for many years with Roscrea. We extend our deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Go ndéana Dia trócaire ar a anam uasal.'