Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

EC Unique

Quote from: seafoid on April 07, 2014, 07:15:53 PM
Your heart would go out to Bob Geldof.

It would. Has to be the worst grief. To loss a child in these circumstances would be unbearable.  :-\

AZOffaly

My heart goes out to the little babies. Jaysus to lose a mother like that, so young, would tear at your heartstrings. They know nothing about fame, drugs, Geldof or S.C.U.M. All they know is their Mammy isn't feeding them this morning. Brutal.

Dinny Breen

Sue Townsend - author of Adrian Mole

Do you weep, Mrs Thatcher, do you weep?
Do you wake, Mrs Thatcher, in your sleep?
Do you weep like a sad willow?
On your Marks and Spencer's pillow?
Are your tears molten steel?
Do you weep? Do you wake with 'Three million' on your brain?
Are you sorry that they'll never work again?
When you're dressing in your blue, do you see the waiting queue?
Do you weep, Mrs Thatcher, do you weep?
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

RIP. I loved the old Adrian Mole Diaries. I remember the line about him waking his dad to tell him the Falklands had been invaded. His Dad jumped out of bed, shouting about gathering provisions etc, until Adrian told him the Falklands were down near Argentina. Then his Dad went back to bed :)

give her dixie

Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died. He was 87.

Garcia Marquez's magical realist novels and short stories exposed tens of millions of readers to Latin America's passion, superstition, violence and inequality. Widely considered the most popular Spanish-language writer since Miguel de Cervantes in the 17th century, Garcia Marquez achieved literary celebrity that spawned comparisons to Mark Twain and Charles Dickens.

His flamboyant and melancholy works outsold everything published in Spanish except the Bible. The epic 1967 novel "One Hundred Years of Solitude sold more than 50 million copies in more than 25 languages.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Harold Disgracey

Sorry to hear that, one of my favourite authors.

Billys Boots

Quote from: give her dixie on April 17, 2014, 09:28:56 PM

Garcia Marquez's magical realist novels and short stories exposed tens of millions of readers to Latin America's passion, superstition, violence and inequality. Widely considered the most popular Spanish-language writer since Miguel de Cervantes in the 17th century, Garcia Marquez achieved literary celebrity that spawned comparisons to Mark Twain and Charles Dickens.

His flamboyant and melancholy works outsold everything published in Spanish except the Bible. The epic 1967 novel "One Hundred Years of Solitude sold more than 50 million copies in more than 25 languages.

Sad to hear that - One Hundred Years of Solitude is the best book I ever read.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AQMP

Former UUP and lately Independent Unionist MLA, David McClarty, aged 63.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 18, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on April 17, 2014, 09:28:56 PM

Sad to hear that - One Hundred Years of Solitude is the best book I ever read.

I'm surprised you'd be able to sell 50 books about Solitude  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

strange that a book about Cliftonville has such high praise?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

bridgegael

ruben "hurricane" carter
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"