Author Topic: Death Notices  (Read 638129 times)

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
Re: Death Notices
« Reply #5985 on: July 10, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »
RIP Michael. Tragic stuff once again for the Dunlop family.

On the sport. It is bat shit crazy and dangerous in the extreme but nobody outside of the sport has ANY right to tell these guys how to live their lives. What they are doing is 100% legal and that is not going to change. If this is what they want to be at then that is their choice and nobody else's.

+1

Why do people who are not involved in road racing or who don't know the unfortunate casualties of the sport want to ban a sport that has no connection with them?

Yeah... just because youíve no interest in road racing means you should be happy for people to die in the prime of their lives doing kamikaze shit!!

Next time a policeman pulls me over for not wearing a seatbelt Iíll tell him to f**k off he doesnt understand the thrill I get from it and itís none of his business!

Road bike racing is a f**king death wish and why itís still allowed in this day and age is beyond me. There are tracks for that kind of thing where deaths are much less common. 33 deaths in the Isle of Man and 11 in the North in the last decade.

But yeah anybody who doesnít understand bike racing shouldnít be allowed to comment on all the dying... wise up!!!

The policeman could rightly point out to you that not wearing a seat belt is against the law.

Road-racing however is completely legal and will remain so.

Thatís what the discussion is about - making it against the law.
Also, nobody is suggesting that motorbikes are banned. Just that people should not be allowed to drive them at extremely dangerous speeds on roads which make it even more dangerous.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: July 10, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »

On the sport. It is bat shit crazy and dangerous in the extreme but nobody outside of the sport has ANY right to tell these guys how to live their lives. What they are doing is 100% legal and that is not going to change. If this is what they want to be at then that is their choice and nobody else's.

+1

Why do people who are not involved in road racing or who don't know the unfortunate casualties of the sport want to ban a sport that has no connection with them?

Yeah... just because youíve no interest in road racing means you should be happy for people to die in the prime of their lives doing kamikaze shit!!

Next time a policeman pulls me over for not wearing a seatbelt Iíll tell him to f**k off he doesnt understand the thrill I get from it and itís none of his business!

Road bike racing is a f**king death wish and why itís still allowed in this day and age is beyond me. There are tracks for that kind of thing where deaths are much less common. 33 deaths in the Isle of Man and 11 in the North in the last decade.

But yeah anybody who doesnít understand bike racing shouldnít be allowed to comment on all the dying... wise up!!!

The policeman could rightly point out to you that not wearing a seat belt is against the law.

How many people have died whilst on a bicycle in Ireland in the same decade?

I would guess for the numbers out cycling every day compared to road racing the death rate per centage would be miniscule.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #5987 on: July 10, 2018, 10:22:47 AM »
Itís also a stupid argument. How many people have died while out for a walk? How many have died while sleeping?
Yes, people die doing all sorts of things but ffs driving a motorbike at 100mph around shitty roads is looking for it.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: July 10, 2018, 10:24:15 AM »
Saw a video of the accident there this morning. Crazy. He was going some speed and didn't stand a chance.

These guys know the risks and they know the chances of them retiring from the sport alive is small.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: July 10, 2018, 10:26:49 AM »

+1

How many people have died whilst on a bicycle in Ireland in the same decade?

I would guess for the numbers out cycling every day compared to road racing the death rate per centage would be miniscule.
It's about the rate, not the numbers.
If everyone in the country was a road racer the death rate would be far higher than that of cyclists.
Those biscuits are for the visitors

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: July 10, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »
Itís also a stupid argument. How many people have died while out for a walk? How many have died while sleeping?
Yes, people die doing all sorts of things but ffs driving a motorbike at 100mph around shitty roads is looking for it.

That's tame for these lads hs they can get up to 200mph at times!

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

• Look out ol' mac is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: July 11, 2018, 03:31:41 AM »
Lord Laird, prominent Ulster Scots campaigner.

Mey 'e reist a pace.

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Imposerous

• View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: July 11, 2018, 07:33:38 AM »

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Seems to have been a bit of a character, or as heíd be described in his native tongue ďa character ď.

RIP

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Seems to have been a bit of a character, or as heíd be described in his native tongue ďa character ď.

RIP
LOL

RIP all the same
Those biscuits are for the visitors

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: July 11, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »

Mey 'e reist a pace.

RIP

My memory of him is lecturing non-unionists who queried his fiddling of expenses etc with the line "I won't be lectured by anyone!"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: July 11, 2018, 11:11:39 AM »

Mey 'e reist a pace.

RIP

My memory of him is lecturing non-unionists who queried his fiddling of expenses etc with the line "I won't be lectured by anyone!"

not much has changed then with this generation of unionists

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: July 11, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »

Mey 'e reist a pace.

RIP
LOL

RIP all the same

Had a chuckle myself at that. RIP to him.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Boycey

• View Profile

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: July 12, 2018, 10:04:17 PM »

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Yeh...all the tributes glossed over his earlier career in Vanguard...a completely bitter ould ballix & that side of him is being airbrushed.

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #5999 on: July 12, 2018, 10:24:44 PM »

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Yeh...all the tributes glossed over his earlier career in Vanguard...a completely bitter ould ballix & that side of him is being airbrushed.

Tell me. When McGuinness passed away, would you have hoped that those of a unionist persuasion concentrated their memories on his final 20 years, or the 20 previous?