Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 04, 2018, 02:09:04 PM
No way!

Afraid so. On the official Chelsea Twitter account.

RIP Butch

GJL

So young. Very sad. Always enjoyed his analysis.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 04, 2018, 02:06:25 PM
Ray Wilkins aged 61

Met him once at a charity event in Dublin. Genuinely engaging guy. RIP

Farrandeelin

RIP Ray Wilkins. 61 is very young these days.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Ah no, sad news. Always liked Ray Wilkins. 61 is no age. RIP.

Don't remember him at United. Only really remember him playing at QPR, and vaguely at Milan and Rangers. Enjoyed him on the TV too. He was on the Tango adverts too in the 90's.

magpie seanie

As I mentioned on the United thread I remember him from the 1983 FA Cup final in particular and onwards after that. Technically very sound and I think he was appreciated wherever he went. Seemed to be a nice man too. RIP.

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 04, 2018, 03:02:25 PM
As I mentioned on the United thread I remember him from the 1983 FA Cup final in particular and onwards after that. Technically very sound and I think he was appreciated wherever he went. Seemed to be a nice man too. RIP.
I remember him having the reputation as a "crab" on the football pitch, only going sideways, when with United and England. (For some reason I've no memory of him playing with anyone post United).

I remember him playing poorly in a World Cup, but then getting sent off and suspended, which allowed England to improve hugely in future games!

I remember his goal in the Cup Final, which was pure magic, and just can't help smiling everytime I see a replay of it for the sheer joy it gave such a great pro (and I'm a long long way from being a United fan!)

And I remember him coming across as an absolute gentlemen anytime he's done tv.

RIP

Cunny Funt

RIP Ray Wilkins. A good footballer that played until 41 i think? and was a good pundit on the TV unlike some others.

red hander

Quote from: Hound on April 04, 2018, 04:26:27 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 04, 2018, 03:02:25 PM
I remember him having the reputation as a "crab" on the football pitch, only going sideways, when with United and England. (For some reason I've no memory of him playing with anyone post United).

I remember him playing poorly in a World Cup, but then getting sent off and suspended, which allowed England to improve hugely in future games!

I remember his goal in the Cup Final, which was pure magic, and just can't help smiling everytime I see a replay of it for the sheer joy it gave such a great pro (and I'm a long long way from being a United fan!)

And I remember him coming across as an absolute gentlemen anytime he's done tv.

RIP

Yeah, remember that. He wasn't like that at Chelsea, where he was captain at just 18. Was a more attacking midfielder and chipped in with goals. First saw him play in a friendly for Man Utd against Linfield in about 1982, where he was all over the field, going from wing to wing. Subsequently saw him a few times when I lived in England few years later. Not a patch on Brian Robson, but a solid player. Seemed like a nice guy, too

AZOffaly

I remember him getting sent off v Morocco for throwing the ball 'at the ref'. Very soft it was too. I think that was 1986. I also remember him for United. Always came across as a nice character later in life as well. RIP.

Orior

I remember him being great at Chelsea but when he went to Man Utd he started the sideways and back passes. Sounded liked a really decent bloke
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Orior on April 04, 2018, 06:32:14 PM
I remember him being great at Chelsea but when he went to Man Utd he started the sideways and back passes. Sounded liked a really decent bloke

Both points I agree with 100%.

May He Rest In Peace.

laoislad

Read tonight that during the span of his career he played against George Best and Ryan Giggs.

Only recently starting listening to Talksport on the way to work in the mornings and enjoyed the banter between him and Alan Brazil when he was on.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.